NetCAM - Image upload

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

raymonvdm

NetCAM - Image upload

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m using the NetCAM plugin to send an image of my IPCAM to email when someone presses the doorbell.

The event is based like this:

Code: Select all

If Doorbell becomes ALARM then NETCAM: Take Picture Select Camera: Voordeur Image to Take: 1
Wait 1 Second
Send an Email to: recepient@domain.net with attachement /netcam/CurrentImage.jpg
This is working fine, and after this there is also a pushover message send using "Pushover 3P" but this plugin does not support sending of images. However i can using an URL in the message.

Question:

I would like to use an image with a time and date stamp to send by email and use in the URL but i don`t know how to achieve this. I also want to upload this specific picture to a location which is reachable for the pushover client
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: NetCAM - Image upload

Post by Phaeton »

I dont use timestamps. But I do it like this, could be a first step?

Use BLlatest plugin (this renames the last added image of a directory to a defined filename).
Send this image to an FTP server connected to your hosting provider when somebody rings the bell.
Overwrite the old image
send push message with the url to this file.

This way you can send the same pushover message every time. You dont have a history the previous images.
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Re: NetCAM - Image upload

Post by raymonvdm »

I think this wil also work by just uploading the CurrentImage.jpg file

I wil try to look for a FTPS client which i can use in the Event
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”