[HardwareRecovery] Windows 10 and HomeSeer 3 Pro

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

raymonvdm

[HardwareRecovery] Windows 10 and HomeSeer 3 Pro

Post by raymonvdm »

This christmas my HomeSeer hardware died (broken SSD) and i lost my system and replaced it with a different box. Both machines where running Windows 10 and on the new box i installed HomeSeer and HSTouch and copied over the backup from my old box. This backup was 3 weeks old but this should not be a problem.

The new box is running but i`m having some issues with COM Ports. The COM Ports are all there but some of them are unavailable for HomeSeer.

- Zwave UZB seems to be working (lights and moution sensing is fine)
- Plugise (Source software can`t seem to find the plugwise stick)
- CaddX alarm panel is unable to connect (COM12 does not exist)

Code: Select all

RFXCOM Error:	35 (CheckTransceivers) error :Error while connecting transceiver on COM9 ,
RFXCOM Error:	35 (InitTRX) Transceiver #1 port not open: COM9
RFXCOM Warning:	35 (Open) error :System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM9' does not exist. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()
I`m was running HS3 and Plugwise as administrator but to no avail. After some updates and reboots it seems to be working again. But i have learned that my backup is missing some data (plugwise app did not dump its backup correctly)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”