msdart32.dll not found

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

msdart32.dll not found

Post by MindBender »

At the risc of being negative (again):
After freshly installing HomeSeer on a freshly installend Windows XP machine, HomeSeer fails to start. It shows a meaningless notifier:
<i>HomeSeer.exe - Unable To Locate Component</i>
<i>This application has failed to start because MSDART32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the may fix this problem.</i>

Please note the 'may' in the useless effort to help me out here. What was the guy who came up with this tip thinking when he typed it?!

After that it throws a bunch of meaningless COM class errors at me, together with a couple of empty explorer windows.

When I've finally given up and try to quit the application using the 'exit' option of the icon in the icon tray, it doesn't even quit. The only way to get it to quit is to force it to quit using the task manager.

Is this software out of Beta phase yet? If it is, I don't think I would trust my house to it...
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

msdart32.dll not found

Post by MindBender »

As I expected, re-installing the application doesn't help; It never does.

Windows XP seems to be inconsistent in naming its DLLs. The DLL <i>MSDART32.DLL</i> is also known as <i>MSDART.DLL</i>. The programmer folks of HomeSeer should know this, have their software check for it and load the desired DLL accordingly, instead of bailing out and leaving the user in the dark...

Anyway, the solution is dirty yet simple: Just make a copy of <i>MSDART.DLL</i> and name it <i>MSDART32.DLL</i>. Both are located in c:\windows\system32
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

msdart32.dll not found

Post by b_weijenberg »

ik heb al enkele jaren Homeseer draaien tot volle tevredenheid met alleen MSDART.dll
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

msdart32.dll not found

Post by Snelvuur »

Never had that issue though, but i had an older version then upgraded. Maybe there is a change in that, i stopped using homeseer since i want to go all perl/linux :)

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”