Reading data an creating graphs using a SQL Server Db File

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

John

Reading data an creating graphs using a SQL Server Db File

Post by John »

I'm bussy to connect my PV system to Homeseer. The first step is executed. The Mastervolt XS2000 (Inverter) is connected to a PC using a RS-485 to RS-232 converter. Next I will connect the RS-2232 signal to the Serial Server. In this way I can connect the Inverter over IP to the Homeseer Server.

After that step I want to read the data from the SQL Server Compact Edition Database File (first I have to remove the password protection). Is there software (or a script) to read-out the database file (contains approx. 13 usefull columns) or does anybody know how i can read this Db file using homeseer. Is there software available to create graps in homeseer?

John
John

Reading data an creating graphs using a SQL Server Db File -

Post by John »

This is an update from the previous message. Till now no reply

I'm bussy to connect my PV system to Homeseer. The first and second step are executed.

1) The Mastervolt XS2000 (Inverter) is connected to a PC using a RS-485 to RS-232 converter.
2) The RS-232 signal from the RS-485 to RS-232 converter is connected to the Serial Server.

Using the application from the supplier I can log a lot of information. The information is logged in a SQL Server Compact Edition Database File.

I want to add some information to Homeseer as a device. For e.g. current Power, power each day. Temperature inverter, etc... (in total approx. 13 usefull parameters).

How can I add a device in Homeseer and display the latests value in the database?

John
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reading data an creating graphs using a SQL Server Db File

Post by Digit »

No reply will probably mean nobody has a good solution for you; what you need has not been made yet, I guess. That can happen.
I'd say you would need something Plugin-ish to accomplish this, or maybe, if you put enough (a lot) effort in it, with a script.

SQL Server contains a command-line utility called osql, with which you can execute queries, like this:
osql -S localhost -U userid -P password -Q "select * from Northwind.dbo.Shippers" -o result.txt
The result.txt contains the query results. You could open that file, parse it and read the values you requested.
After that, you could assign those values to Homeseer Devices, also from script.

Depending on your programming skills/experience, creating a script that does this all could easily become your new day job :wink:
Menno

Post by Menno »

A while ago I made a script for reading SQL DB into Homeseer. The script is used for 1-wire information stored in a SQL Database, but can be modified to your situation.

There is also a script for creating homeseer devices.

http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5043

You need some experience to modify it, but sure it can be done.
John

Post by John »

Thanks for the help. This pointed me to a good direction to start.

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”