DIY WakeUp light DeLuxe

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

AshaiRey

DIY WakeUp light DeLuxe

Post by AshaiRey »

Here an example how to do a Philips style Wake Up light with some extra's
Please note that i have dimmable lights and a homemade audiosystem in my bedroom.
ZMC stands here for Zoelen Media System. You can ommit that and subsitute that as you please with Windows media player, winamp, speaker app or/and hs.speak

Make a device
Image1.gif
Image1.gif (2.67 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
Setup an event to trigger when it's time to get up.
It have to turn the light on at a low level. Also make sure that the event will turn off after and extended period in case nobody is there to respond on the alarm.
Image2.gif
Image2.gif (10.25 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
Now let you get awake slowly due to the light. After a preset time (4 minutes in this case) turn on some friendly music at a soft volume and make the light shine a bit brighter.
Set also: this device can not retrigger for 60 seconds
Image3.gif
Image3.gif (10.99 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
If this dosn't wake up you then some stronger measures are taken. When you didn't respond for atleast 6 minutes then a nice friendly voice will tell you that is is really time to get up and the lights are turned up brighter. Every minute this voice will repeat telling you to get out.
Set also: this device can not retrigger for 59 seconds
Image5.gif
Image5.gif (12.22 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
How to stop all of this.
I use the switrch that normally controles the lights in the bedroom but i gave it a double function here.
If you press the off button then it will check if the alarm is on and turn it all off. Also if the alarm is turn off due to some other event then everything is also turned off.
Image7.gif
Image7.gif (16.68 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
I hope this give you some nice ideas.
Bram
dreambox
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: DIY WakeUp light DeLuxe

Post by dreambox »

Hey Bram,

Keep up the good work!!!

Alex (van zt180)
simjoc

Post by simjoc »

Looking good, I've a similar system. Do you have to change the time in the event every time?
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

No, when i need to go to work it's always at the same time so 'the time is set ounce
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I found this topic when searching for a better way to do my wakeup light, and would like to create a script which sends a lot of dimlevels to make it more smooth. I`m not yet using ZMC to wake me up :D

The current setup of the wake up light

GROOT
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”