Howto: Log toilet visits in Database using Homesee

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

I have created this VB Script that can be used to count the number of times people go into your toilet (if they turn on the light)

HomeSeer event: if Lamp 'A5' (example) is turned on (in my case by a motion sensor or S10 wall switch), this script is executed and writes a record in an Access DB (.mdb).

-Copy .VB script in Homeseers Script directory
-Create an MS Access DB according to the instructions in the .VB file
-Change configuration like .MDB path
-Create HS event that runs this VB script
-Check the HS logs and the Access DB.

Future post: I also have some asp files that retreive this information from the DB. Also have a beta asp that uses chartdirector to create graphs based on data that's in the database. If you want (supportless) copies of these extremely dangerous files just send me a message.

Have fun!
DJ

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Toilet_visit.zip<br />2.15 KB
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Thanks Dirk-Jan
Good script, I would add Devicename and / or Devicecode as well, most people (in the Netherlands) have 2 toilets (bathrooms). If you use the dual flush (Eco flush) the you need to ad some more fields and keeping track of the water usage. Small is 3 liter and normal 6.5 liter. Thanks to your sample script it's easy to adjust for the those interested.

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”