Is there a key fob to use with Homeseer?

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

olof

Is there a key fob to use with Homeseer?

Post by olof »

Before I start trying out all sorts of things, I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

What I would like to do: to trigger an event in Homeseer through the use of a key fob
In my case, opening/closing our garden gate which is hooked into Homeseer via i/o (IPPower).

the 'stuff' that I already have does not seem to provide the best solution (or perhaps I'm mistaken. My domotica knowledge is getting a bit rusty).

I have:
A) Visionic + RFXComLAN: I could use a Visionic MCT-234 keyfob but I have read somewhere in this forum that RFXCom is not always able to pick up the signals 100% reliably (something to do with the rolling codes?). Or this is old information?

B) Z-wave: I could use a z-wave fob with the Aeon Stick. However, battery-powered Z-wave devices and Homeseer (HS2) don't play always nicely. My knowledge is rusty but I think that Homeseer doesn't monitor/check battery Z-wave devices continuously in order to save battery power. So a push on a Z-wave fob might not always be picked up by Homeseer?

C) standard key fob that came with the garden gate. It works perfectly. However, it doesn't allow me any intelligent follow-up events/scenes since it is not hooked up into Homeseer.

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Cheers,
Olof
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Is there a key fob to use with Homeseer?

Post by bartbakels »

I use 2 zwaveme keyfobs but they use association to the controlled device. Fibaro switch in my gate controller
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
olof

Re: Is there a key fob to use with Homeseer?

Post by olof »

BartBakels,

Thanks for replying and your info. I will look into it.

Cheers,
Olof

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”