Create a doorbell log

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

villo01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Create a doorbell log

Post by villo01 »

Pieter how can a create the doorbell that you have in the homeseer page, am using homeseer 2.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Create a doorbell log

Post by Bwired »

Hi Viktor,
Do you mean the doorbell log which is listed on my homepage www.bwired.nl including the picture which is taken?
villo01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Create a doorbell log

Post by villo01 »

yes does right, i have a x10 wireless camera in the fron door, how do a take the picture and how to generate the log of each time some one use the doorbell.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Create a doorbell log

Post by Bwired »

I use a AXIS 241q videoserver which can control up to 4 camera's http://www.axis.com/products/cam_241/index.htm On of the nice things about this videoserver is that it has a extensive API interface. This means that I can control from within my homecontrol system (simular to Homeseer) the camera's connected to the server. With some 50 lines of code the whole API interface is ready. If someone rings my doorbell there is a event on that device which triggers the API interface and grabs a picture or starts recording. Recently I installed a sensor on my mailbox as well and by adding one little event to this device it can take pictures as well of the mailguy.
I also use the API interface to take weather pictures from multiple PTZ camera's, every hour I save the weatherpictures from the North, South, West and East. This also will be online on bwired in the near future.
So If you want to do this as well with your X10 camera, it's not so easy. Depends on which webcamsoftware you are using. Most of the software can only take images on timesettings or movement. The last option is mostly not that reliable! On http://www.planetsourcecode.com there is some Visual Basic code for grabbing pictures of a webcam, so if you have that source code you can try to interface from a homeseercsript to the grabsoftware, that should be possible.
Regards
Pieter
villo01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Create a doorbell log

Post by villo01 »

Thaks for the info is realy helful, by the way how do you create the log for the doorbell, if a only want to have a register date and hour of each time some one hit the doorbell
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Create a doorbell log

Post by Bwired »

For Home automation logging example see topic http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”