Confused about Rfxcom and Visonic

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

jbaron
Starting Member
Starting Member

Confused about Rfxcom and Visonic

Post by jbaron »

I already have the original Visonic Powermax alarm system (Dutch version) with several of it sensors (some mct302 door-sensors and PIRs) installed in my house. This has been working great and reliable for many years.

Now I want to get into home automation and I noticed that some Rfxcom receivers can also can receive data from the Visonic Powermax sensors. So I would be able to use the existing Visonic sensors for other purposes also.

Some online documentation states that the RFXtrx433E is compatible with receiving Visonic data, but I also noticed some references to extra modules/receivers required in order to actually receive Visonic data (perhaps related to 434 versus 868 ??). As a newbie to home automation and RFXcom I'm a bit confused.

So my question is if I get the "RFXtrx433E USB" can I than also receive data of my Visonic sensors directly or do I need something else/additional ???

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

P.S My current plan is to put RFXtrx433E in my Synology DS213J and then use something like the Domoticz package to control my home automation. An alternative would be HS3.

— Peter
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Confused about Rfxcom and Visonic

Post by b_weijenberg »

Visonic delivers systems with different frequencies, 315, 433.92, 868.95MHz.
Long time ago 433.92 was delivered in NL but later they sold only the 868.95MHz version. The frequency of your installation is indicated on the keyfobs.

The RFXtrx315 is also available for the US and Canada.
There are still plans to create a RFXtrx868 but unknown when this version becomes available.
Domoticz and Homeseer can both handle 2 RFXtrx transceivers connected.
jbaron
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jbaron »

Just checked and indeed my Visonic keyfob says 868. So I guess that implies the RFXtrx433E won't work with my Visonic sensors. A shame because sounded like a great way to reuse my existing sensors for all kind of home automation tasks.
jbaron
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jbaron »

Thanks for the quick answer (already replied once but somehow I cannot see that message, so hereby another try)

Just checked the keyfob and indeed it states 868. So that implies that RFXtrx433E won't work with my existing Visonic sensors. That's a pity because it sounded like an easy transition into home automation. Guess I now have to look at some other alternatives (or drop the idea all together to reuse my already installed Visonic sensors).

-- Peter
marck

Post by marck »

Sorry Bert, I can't resist to ask this.

A while ago you mentioned that a release date for the Rftrx868 is near, but in the end it was delayed due to personal circumstances. http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=369

Just wondering if this project is still in the starting blocks, or that development is already ahead....

This way we have a idea if rough idea if we are talking about months or years.

No intention to put pressure on this, just curious at what stage the project is.

Thanks

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”