software that supports RFXLAN

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

marcelk
Starting Member
Starting Member

software that supports RFXLAN

Post by marcelk »

Sorry for this newby question but I'm a bit afraid I made a wrong purchase.
At this moment I'm using a Homewizard but want to try Domoticz so I bought myself a RFXLAN device since my computer is not on the best location for RF so I assumed I could place the RFXLAN device in a better spot.
Now I tried to use the device but I get the idea both (Domoticz and RFXLAN) are not compatible so I' looking for information to clarify this and also options for the RFXLAN device to see if I can use it or better try to sell it to someone that can use it.
I read it might be usable with Homeseer but as someone just starting the price of that puts me down a bit.

Gr,
Marcel
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: software that supports RFXLAN

Post by b_weijenberg »

The RFXLAN is supported by:
DomotiGa
Homeseer
EventGhost
and xPL programs.

Another option is the USB RFXtrx433E or LAN connected with an RPI + ser2net.
This device supports a lot more protocols, see chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide.
marcelk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by marcelk »

I don't know much about Linux so Linux based options are not something I'm looking at right now.
Homeseer seems like a rather expensive solution although it seems to be very versatile.

I guess I made a wrong turn in buying the RFXLAN so maybe better off if I sell/trade it and get a USB-based interface and a Raspberry PI.
marcelk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by marcelk »

Since I'm just starting with domotica I think I better sell/trade the RFXLAN and get me a PI with an USB version of the RFXCOM interface.
olof

Post by olof »

marcelk wrote:Since I'm just starting with domotica I think I better sell/trade the RFXLAN and get me a PI with an USB version of the RFXCOM interface.
Hi Marcel,

In case your RFXLAN is the 868 Mhz version and you still have it for sale, I'm interested

Olof

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”