Acurite or Ambient Weather sensors

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

gomtuu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Acurite or Ambient Weather sensors

Post by gomtuu »

I don't see either of these listed as being supported by the RfxTrx433. Has anyone tried sensors (temperature/humidity) by these companies? Or is there a reason why they won't work?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Acurite or Ambient Weather sensors

Post by b_weijenberg »

RFXCOM has invested in a large number of sensors to test and implement.
Please see chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide for the list of supported sensors:
Oregon Scientific, LaCrosse, TFA, Cresta, Hideki, Honeywell, Banggood, Proove, Rubicson, Meade, Technoline and a few other brands

Other brands are not tested because of the large number of brands already supported.
gomtuu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gomtuu »

Because I have a Vera controller I've taken a chance that the RFXtrx433e will fill my needs of monitoring temperature and humitidy throughout my home. I've discovered that AcuRite temperature/humidity sensor data is received using the Rubicon/Alecto/Banggood protocol. However, data from the Ambient Weather sensor doesn't appear to be decoded by any of the existing protocols. With undec on enabled UNDECODED RF Message reports are seen, which are often UNDECODED ARC but depending upon the channel setting of the sensor (?) there have also been UNDECODED OREGON or UNDECODED HIDEKI messages.
I have found a source for details on the Ambient Weather sensor protocol. Since this is a relatively low cost sensor it might be worthwhile adding it to the capabilities of the RFXtrx433e. A discussion of the protol can be found here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=214436.0
The posting on 25 Jan 2015, 10:54 PM in this thread has a link to the final code used to decode the signal.
gomtuu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gomtuu »

Update on Acurite Temperature/humidity sensors.
It looks like the Acurite sensors that are detected properly are units that are no longer available. I've purchased one new one and tried a few more that I already had on hand. Here are the results:
Model Detected
091TX Yes (obsolete?)
W153TX Yes (obsolete?)
100MTX No (obsolete?)
782TX No (obsolete?)
592TXR No This is a brand new model. It claims to have a range of 100M.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”