How to reset a SD90 ?

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Wima

How to reset a SD90 ?

Post by Wima »

My girlfriend was a bit to busy on the telephone today, so the meat she was cooking was burning with a lot of smoke. The good thing about this was that I did not had to test my smoke detector [:D] because it did the job perfectly. But how do i reset the status in HS. It still has the status "panic" ?
Pushing the button on the SD90 for a few seconds did not work.

Thanks

Wil

-------------------------------
Even the genious ask questions.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

How to reset a SD90 ?

Post by b_weijenberg »

The SD90 doesn't send a normal signal for the Panic. To reset the HS sensor set the device value to zero using the control panel.

The SD90 has also a door/window like sensor if enabled. This sensor transmits an Alert and a Normal signal and also the battery empty. The battery empty message is not transmitted by the panic sensor.
Wima

How to reset a SD90 ?

Post by Wima »

Thanks Bert, but how do i do that ?

Wil

-------------------------------
Even the genious ask questions.
Post-IT

Re: How to reset a SD90 ?

Post by Post-IT »

I searched for this function, but unfortunately I could not find it. The only thing I tried is "Disable" on the status page, which keeps it in a permanent disable state.

Can someone tell me how I can re-enable my SD90 again, and how I can remove the Panic status?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Which function are you searching for?
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

1) After using the disable button on the HS status page, it stays disabled.
Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 10.23.17 .png
Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 10.23.17 .png (18.33 KiB) Viewed 10139 times
2) When I tested the SD90, the Panic status was on the HS status page endlessly.

I want to know how to reset these two statuses.

Thanks!
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Use the HS Control Panel (CONTROL button on top of the Status page) to set the device value to None (or Geen).
This will set the device status to None (or Geen).

It is preferred to use the Door/Window type sensor in the SD90. The SD90 has 2 sensor types, a Panic sensor and a Door/Window sensor type.
The Panic sensor operates like the panic button on a KR21 remote. This sensor does not transmit a battery empty or alive status!!! And does not transmit a Normal status after an Alert.
The Door/Window type sensor transmits an alive signal and a battery status.
See chapter 5, 6, 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 how to set the Panic and Door sensor address: http://www.rfxcom.com/documents/Smoke%20Detectors.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Set all Door/Window type sensors in the SD90 to a different address and enable the Panic Sensor checkbox for this sensor in the RFXCOM Security sensor configuration.
You can set the address for the Panic sensor to 16 to disable this sensor because if you have enabled the Panic Sensor checkbox for the Door/Window type sensor it will operate like a Panic sensor and create an alarm condition even if the Alarm Panle is disarmed. But if used, set the Panic sensor address in all smoke detectors to the same address. The only way to set the Panic Sensor status back to None (or Geen) is using an Event for example on Disarm panel that sets the status of the Panic sensor always to None or do it manually using the Control Panel.
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

Thanks Bert, great walkthrough!

Although the SD90 programming is very difficult to explain, shame on Marmitek for that.
Fischi

Post by Fischi »

Hi, Bert,

I have installed a SD90 smoke detector in Homeseer/RFXCOM and pushed the test button, the sensor made noise.
Now the Device Status of the SD90 (KR10/21/SH624/MCT234/HP564/KD101 Remote) is Panic inclusive the panic.gif. (Additional Information : Value 8 = "Panic).
When I look at the RFXCOM panel the Alarm Panel Display shows #1 24.01.2013 20:11:32 Alarm: DS90/1 heartbeat/battery, 7 Keller links
#2 24.01.2013 20:11:37 Alarm: DS90 Rauchmelder, 7 Keller links
#3 24.01.2013 20:11:37 Alarm: DS90 Rauchmelder, 7 Keller links (UP/Down), up to here all is OK.
Now the problems :
The Alarm Panel Status shows "Ready" with the OK.gif , it should be "Panic" or "Alarm" with the Alarm.gif

When I look at the additional informations for the Alarm Panel Status the Device String is "Ready" and the Device Value is 2= "Panic".
The Device String of the Alarm Panel Status should also be "Panic" !

Where are the issues, do you have a solution for this ? Is there an issue in the plugin, how to reset it?

Regards, Fischi
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

You can use the smoke sensor instead or in addition to the panic sensor.
A panic sensor does not influence the Alarm panel status. It is processed the same way as the panic button of a key fob.
You can set the panic status back to normal using a manual event and script or using the Homeseer Control panel.

How to change the RF address in a SD90 smoke detector
Change the Panic address:
Hold the test button on the smoke detector and push the RF reset button (next to the RF LED) once.
Release the test button when the RF LED lights up continuously. The RF LED will go off then indicating that the change Panic address procedure is started.
When the test button is pushed again within 5 seconds the LED blinks and the Panic address will be set to 1. Every next push of the test button will increment the Panic address and the LED will blink. If the test button is not pushed for 5 seconds the RF LED will switch on for 1 second indicating that the change Sensor address procedure is started and the selected Panic address is saved.
After 16 blinks the address will roll over back to address 1 and start over again.
Note: At Panic address 16 no Panic signal is transmitted!

Change the Smoke Sensor address:
When the test button is pressed again within 5 seconds the LED blinks and the Sensor address will be set to 1. Every next push of the test button will increment the Sensor address and the LED will blink. If the test button is not pushed for 5 seconds the selected Sensor address is saved and the current address settings will be displayed. (see section Display current address settings)
After 16 blinks the address will roll over back to address 1 and start over again.
Note: At Sensor address 1 no Sensor signal is transmitted!
Fischi

Post by Fischi »

Thanks Bert,
I had already set the sensor address AND the panic address.
I found the solution by myselve : I deleted the AlarmPanelStatus and made a Homeseer restart. The AlarmPanelStatus was loaded again and now there is only
a DeviceValue, no DeviceStatus at the optional informations about the AlarmPanelStatus. There is the right .gif sign and all is running OK now.
I detected another issue : I cant get the additional informations of the IO Panel the screen jumps for only a very short time to the
"Modify Device RFXCOM IO Panel System Sensor Display " and then promptly to the "RFXCOM - I/O Device Configuration", it's not possible to see configuration,
options and additional informations about the IO Panel, I want to trigger specific events depending on the additional informations (DeviceValue) ot the IO Panel.
All other panels show me the informations correctly.

In the RFXCOM docs of the AlarmPanelStatus I saw the possible values . Up to there I only had "Ready", "Not Ready" and "Panic". What's about the other values "Alarm",
"ArmPend" ...?

Regards, Fischi
Harry

Post by Harry »

b_weijenberg wrote:Use the HS Control Panel (CONTROL button on top of the Status page) to set the device value to None (or Geen).
This will set the device status to None (or Geen).

It is preferred to use the Door/Window type sensor in the SD90. The SD90 has 2 sensor types, a Panic sensor and a Door/Window sensor type.
The Panic sensor operates like the panic button on a KR21 remote. This sensor does not transmit a battery empty or alive status!!! And does not transmit a Normal status after an Alert.
The Door/Window type sensor transmits an alive signal and a battery status.
See chapter 5, 6, 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 how to set the Panic and Door sensor address: http://www.rfxcom.com/documents/Smoke%20Detectors.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Set all Door/Window type sensors in the SD90 to a different address and enable the Panic Sensor checkbox for this sensor in the RFXCOM Security sensor configuration.
You can set the address for the Panic sensor to 16 to disable this sensor because if you have enabled the Panic Sensor checkbox for the Door/Window type sensor it will operate like a Panic sensor and create an alarm condition even if the Alarm Panle is disarmed. But if used, set the Panic sensor address in all smoke detectors to the same address. The only way to set the Panic Sensor status back to None (or Geen) is using an Event for example on Disarm panel that sets the status of the Panic sensor always to None or do it manually using the Control Panel.
how do i activate the Door/window option.
the file whre is revert to do's not work.

or is the door/window automat activated if i set the panic sensor to adress 16 ?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

How to change the RF address in a SD90 smoke detector

Change the Panic address:
Hold the test button on the smoke detector and push the RF reset button (next to the RF LED) once.
Release the test button when the RF LED lights up continuously. The RF LED will go off then indicating that the change Panic address procedure is started.
When the test button is pushed again within 5 seconds the LED blinks and the Panic address will be set to 1. Every next push of the test button will increment the Panic address and the LED will blink. If the test button is not pushed for 5 seconds the RF LED will switch on for 1 second indicating that the change Sensor address procedure is started and the selected Panic address is saved.
Note: At Panic address 16 no Panic signal is transmitted!

Change the Smoke Sensor address:
When the test button is pressed again within 5 seconds the LED blinks and the Sensor address will be set to 1. Every next push of the test button will increment the Sensor address and the LED will blink. If the test button is not pushed for 5 seconds the selected Sensor address is saved and the current address settings will be displayed. (see section Display current address settings)
Note: At Sensor address 1 no Sensor signal is transmitted!

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”