I receive data, but it doesn't make sense - SOLVED

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

lfrancois
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lfrancois »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by b_weijenberg</i>
<br />Ludo,

You have to put the receiver in Variable Length mode (command hex F02C)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

done

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The first byte you receive will contain the message length in bits. For an RFXPower this will be hex 30 (48 decimal)

done too

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
1) Check the number of bits received - should be hex 30,

$bytesNumber = scalar @bytes;
return 0 if ($bytesNumber != 6);

2) Check if the 2 address bytes have the correct format: Byte 2 = byte 1 with the complement of the upper nibble (bit 7-4)

So I guess you are talking about byte 0 and 1, I did this test:

if (($bytes[0] + ($bytes[1] ^ 0x0F)) == 0xFF) {

But I never fill this condition, am I right?

3) Check the 4 bits parity: This is the complement of:
byte 0 bit 7-4 + byte 0 bit 3-0 + byte 1 bit 7-4 + byte 1 bit 3-0 + byte 2 bit 7-4 + byte 2 bit 3-0 + byte 3 bit 7-4 + byte 3 bit 3-0 + byte 4 bit 7-4 + byte 4 bit 3-0 + byte 5 bit 7-4

I didn't yet try this one, because I don't success the second one.

If this check is OK it is 99.999% sure it is an RFXPower or RFXMeter packet

Not yet, but I am asking me some questions about my communication between my rfxcom and my rfxpower, I think I am going to run a test with RFreceiver.exe from a windows machine, because in parallel I manage fine RFX10, I detect my Oregon Sensors, so maybe the problem is not in the code.
lfrancois
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lfrancois »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beanz</i>
<br />Ludo,

I think your perl code is reading parts of messages. What I do is do a read, check the length in the first byte and if I don't have enough data I do another read ... appending the new data to the end. When I have enough I remove those bytes and keep the rest in case they are part of the next message - though actually this may not be the best strategy for staying in sync. You don't seem to be doing this, you seem to be throwing the bits away if you don't have enough data.

-Mark.

I read bytes one by one, so I use the first byte to know when I need to stop to read. So normally it seems too work, but maybe I made some mistakes
beanz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by beanz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lfrancois</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by b_weijenberg</i>

2) Check if the 2 address bytes have the correct format: Byte 2 = byte 1 with the complement of the upper nibble (bit 7-4)

So I guess you are talking about byte 0 and 1, I did this test:

if (($bytes[0] + ($bytes[1] ^ 0x0F)) == 0xFF) {

But I never fill this condition, am I right?

I think your condition is coded incorrectly. For example, consider the bytes 0xf0 and 0xff - they meet condition 2) as originally stated by bert but ... fail the test since 0x1e0 != 0xff.

Try:

if ($bytes[0] == ($bytes[1]^0xf)) {

Regards,
Mark.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”