RfxReceiver doesn't receive Oregon Scientific ...

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi to all,

I've some small problem with my RfxReceiver and its RF Receiver software.

Until an hour of 2 ago it was receiving a couple of sensor values (1x RFXMeter, 1x DS90, 1x MS13, Xx KAKU and two Oregon Scientific Sensors (THGR228N and a 128 thing) (the Oregon sensors are not mine, i think ther'e from my neighbours [:D] )

I was just playing around with some external software wich can read and write to the comport, i think i've sended a verry wrong value to the comport.

This because after doing that the RF Receiver software was only able to receive junk. (even when i close and restart the software it only received 'noise' (and after that i almost pushed every button in the RF Receiver Software, but no luck))

After that i decided to reboot my pc and give it another try and yes... the sensors are back [:D]

But only one thing got my attention... the RfxReceiver doesn't receive the two (and maybe others) Oregon Scientific sensors any more [:(]

So my questions will be:
<ul>
<li>Is there any way to 'reset' the RfxReceiver back to it's defaults? (to try if it's receiving Oregon again)</li>
<li>Is it posible to ask the activated RF modes? by this i mean, when the receiver is running in VarBitMode (F02C) you can decide to disable the disable the Oregon Mode but how are you gonna see that this mode is Disabled or Enabled</li>
<li>Is it posible to Enable the Oregon RF Mode? I only see an Disable Oregon Command (F043)?</li>
</ul>

So i hope you guys (and girls offcourse) can give me some pointers for trying to solve my 'Disapeared Oregon Sensors mystery'.

To Bert:
In the RFXCom Receiver PDF document, in section 8.2 i think there is an small typo.
F02E disable receiving of Oregon RF (did you mean Koppla here?)
F043 disable receiving of Oregon RF
Also the F023 Kopla 24Bit is missing in the init. cmd list.

TIA,

Richard Lichtendahl
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Richard,

I guess the baud rate was changed by the other program.

The RFreceiver program has also an "Enable ALL RF" button.

Koppla has been removed from the receiver firmware and F02E and F043 will both disable Oregon receiving.

Bert
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks Bert,

The Baudrate is a good point (for the noise you mean?), but on the other hand.. i have several times disconnect and connected (even restarted) the RF Receiver Software and i alway's connect with the 4800 baud option. Oke i think (read: can imageine) software can set the baudrate IN the RfxReceiver, but why (and more important, how) does an reboot of the pc restore the baudrate setting IN the RfxReceiver?

For the Oregon part, i just receive a couple of THGR228N readings.. (are they really back?) but this time with a much lower frequency than before. Before i receive them every minute, and now i receive a single (sometimes two) reading once in the 3 a 5 minutes. (before i alway's receive two or three readings).
We keep our eye's to the RF Receiver software.. i let you know when i know more.

I was/am aware of the "Enable ALL RF" button, but when i pushed it several times and no Oregon reading are comming in i was "doubting" about is functionallity. But from you post i understand that this button is ALWAYS set all disabled RF functions to enabled?

I didn't realise the Koppla was/is removed, somebody wants that a day and a night (etmaal) has 48H in it instead of 24H [:-)] time, time and time again... just two hands, one brain and so less time.
Maybe a future point for the software bert, make some buttons visible/enabled depending on the received sofware (firmware) version of the receiver.

WR,

Richard Lichtendahl
Richard

Post by Richard »

Very late status update:
At this time all Oregon sensor data is transmitted as before, i don't know what cause(s/d) the problem, but is working again. :)

Thanks for the info Bert.

WR,

Richard Lichtendahl

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”