RFXtrx plugin for Mac OS Indigo

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RFXtrx plugin for Mac OS Indigo

Post by b_weijenberg »

Message from the Indigo team:

An exciting new plugin, just released as a public beta, supports RFXCOM's new RFXtrx433 controller. This is a multi-protocol RF transceiver that communicates with a multitude of RF-based products. Several different sensor types are supported, including weather sensors from Oregon Scientific, La Crosse, and others. Now you can build your own weather station with the RFXtrx433 and Indigo!

But perhaps even more importantly, you now have access to a broad range of RF-based Home Automation systems that are available across Europe. Here are some supported by the RFXtrx433 controller:
• HomeEasy
• Chacon
• LightwaveRF
• ByeByeStandBy
• X10 RF transmission (unsupported with Indigo's built-in X10 support)
• KlikAanKlikUit
• COCO
• Duwi (their proprietary devices)
• ebode
• ELRO (AB400, AB600)
• Intertechno
• NEXA
These product lines represent devices available throughout Europe -- we're confident that at least one of them is available in your country. Note that the Indigo plugin is still in beta so all of the above hardware is not supported in the current release. Join the plugin developer on our forum and let him and RFXCOM know what hardware you would like to see supported. In addition to that feedback, they'll be quite grateful for any help with testing/debugging the plugin.

To our North American customers: don't feel left out! RFXCOM has a version of the device that is just a receiver (none of the transmitting protocols work in North America) called the RFXrec433. So, while none of the full home automation systems above are supported, many of the sensors are -- like the Oregon Scientific and La Crosse weather sensors. One of the biggest gaps in hardware on the X10 and INSTEON side are temperature sensors. We have some solutions using 1-Wire (see the next section for a new 1-Wire alternative) but the RFXrec433 and plugin will allow you to wirelessly monitor: temperatures/humidity, rainfall, wind speed and direction, and even UV.

We look forward to expanding Indigo's support of European and Australian hardware and protocols, and Indigo 5's plugin API will allow us to partner with experts in other regions to expand much more quickly.
rvlokven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: RFXtrx plugin for Mac OS Indigo

Post by rvlokven »

Hi All,

I tried to connect my Ebode Take 10 Remote Control to control X10 devices via the Mac and Indigo application.
Indigo won't accept commands send from the Remote.
If I look into the event log of the RFXCom plugin (with the Debug logging enabled) I get the following output:

2014-01-08 23:09:29 RFXCOM Debug processing: 7 16 0 22 66 1 1 112 (07 10 00 16 42 01 01 70)
2014-01-08 23:09:29 RFXCOM Debug Switch Command B1 command 1 received
2014-01-08 23:09:29 RFXCOM Error unknown device detected (id = B1, type = 16). Select a ARC/X10 Switch from the list of devices
2014-01-08 23:09:29 RFXCOM Debug ++++++++++++++

RFXCom seems to receive the programmed X10 command, but Indigo stays awfully quiet.
Anyone with an idea what goes wrong ?
Do I need to configure a device type before Indigo knows how to handle commands from this Ebode Remote Control ?

Thanks in advance
Rob
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

I guess X10 is not implemented in the Indigo plug-in.
This forum is not followed by the plug-in developer. Best is to use the Indigo forum or contact the plug-in developer.
rvlokven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rvlokven »

OK, will do.

Thanks
Rob

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”