Total power usage and solar energy

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Total power usage and solar energy

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

I bought some solar panels and I already have an rfxpower unit (blinking led detection) measuring total power usage from the grid.
But how can I manage to keep measuring the total power usage? Eg. I draw 1000 watts from the grid and solar panels deliver 800 watts my total usage is 1800 watts but rfxpower will show 1000 watts. How can i make a virtual device that shows the real power usage? Other example: total power usage is 600 watt but solar panel deliver 800 watt. What will be shown as more energy goes back into the grid.

I need to measure power from panels, power from grid and power delivered to grid and make a calculation of it. I will get a smart meter from liander but don't know which one. Will i be able to read power from- and to grid values into homeseer?

Thanks for any answers.
**Jeroen**
jakkes

Re: Total power usage and solar energy

Post by jakkes »

airox

Post by airox »

Jaybee,

My smart meter from Liander does this. It measures power given back (teller 1 + teller 2) plus it calculates the power you took from the electricity supplier. How to get it into Homeseer ... don't know. But the P1-poort of the ISKRA smart meter from Liander will provide the required info.

Greetings,

Gijs
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

for the measering the power generated from the panels it self you need a interface to the converter or a plugwise circle
simjoc

Post by simjoc »

I have the same problem here. Also don't forgot that the energy delivered back to the provider counts with the total usage now. I've a Plugwise interface on my solar panels, but how is it possible to recalculate the total value then?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Im not sure what your setup is
In my case i have the smart meter which has 4 counters (day night counter en day night solar back)
For solar the smarmeter tells you how much is deliverd back to the grid
Normal counter is usage minus self used solarpower

So total used Kwh is
Total counter smartmeter + (total solarpanels - solar deliverd back to grid via smartmeter)

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”