RFXLAN in combination with OpenRemote?

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

gurbyz
Starting Member
Starting Member

RFXLAN in combination with OpenRemote?

Post by gurbyz »

Hi,

I have:
- OpenRemote Controller 2.0 on a Synology (Linux)
- several Visonic PIRs 868MHz
- several KiKu ACD-1000 modules
- OpenRemote app on an iPhone

I want:
- switch KiKu modules with my iPhone
- switch KiKu modules on movement detected by Visonic PIRs
- make rules/scenarios with them

I don't want:
- to use my PC as a host for the OpenRemote Controller (so I can't use the USB RFX hardware)

Should this be possible with an RFXLAN with a Visonic slave receiver? Or do I miss some crucial component here to communicate between the OpenRemote Controller and the RFXLAN? OpenRemote can communicate a.o. with HTTP, UDP, TCP/IP and UDP-listener. Can one of these be used to trigger the RFXLAN to switch my modules? And can one of these be used to get notified from the RFXLAN after one of my PIRs has detected motion?
jeroen_

Re: RFXLAN in combination with OpenRemote?

Post by jeroen_ »

Synology boxes typically have a Linux-alike OS on them (OpenRemote is Java running on top of that) and they typically have USB ports, thus you might already be able to use a RFXusb that way, if you do not have a USB port, or access to set up the RFXusb on that device, indeed a RFXlan is a great option too.

Both RFXlan + RFXusb support KiKu and Visonic, though check the exact transmitter/receiver for that to be true (especially for Visonic)

OpenRemote is mostly a User Interface (UI), you will still need another tool, for instance heyu to talk to your RFXlan/RFXusb.

From my knowledge (and from a quick glance through their SVN repository) there is no direct link between OpenRemote and RFX* yet, thus better to ask on their forums to make it so.
gurbyz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: RFXLAN in combination with OpenRemote?

Post by gurbyz »

Yes indeed, my Synology has an USB port. Never thought of that for connecting a RFXusb! But don't you need a driver (as one does need one on Windows)? I will take a look on Heyu.

In the meantime I left the idea of using OpenRemote and bought an SQ Blaster instead. Also a great UI. I felt for it. So I start with my audio and video and save the KaKu and Visonic for later. Maybe I will expand the configuration later with a Vera and a RFXusb to fullfill all my wishes. :-)

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”