rolluikmotoren

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

creamers
Starting Member
Starting Member

rolluikmotoren

Post by creamers »

Hallo iedereen!
Hi everybody!

Tijdje terug heeft b_weijenberg mij het volgende advies gegeven:
A while ago b._weijenberg gave me the following advice:

Ik ben bijna zover dat ik de somfy ga kopen omdat ze mij die overal aanbieden (somfy oximo IO 10/17 160euro), maar zou toch het liefst een rolluikmotor willen die ik straks eventueel ook via de rfxcom kan aansturen.
I'm almost buying the somfy shutter roller engine but would rather like a shutter that I could control with the rfxcom instead.

Zijn er nederlandse leveranciers waar ik rolluikmotors kan kopen die ik straks ook via de rfxcom kan aansturen? Vooralsnog wil ik ook via een schakelaar aan de muur de rolluiken kunnen aansturen (bedraad of draadloos).
Are there any dutch sellers who sell roller shutter engines that can be controlled by the rfxcom? I do want to control the shutter locally next to the shutter ( wired or wireless)

Onderstaande zijn vooral motoren die ik dan via internet moet kopen, maar welke is goed voor mijn rolluik etc etc.
I do find alot of sellers but none of them in the netherlands deliver any of those that can be controlled by rfxcom...

Ik hoop dat er mensen zijn met aankoop ervaringen ....

-------------------------
by b_weijenberg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 pm

RFXCOM kan Somfy niet aansturen, wel ontvangen maar aangezien het rolling code is heb je daar niks aan.

De RFXtrx433 kan RollerTrol en A-OK/Ematronic buismotoren aansturen. En binnenkort ook de RaexMotor.
http://www.rollertrol.com/
http://www.motorisationplus.com/motoris ... ronic.html
------------------------------------
Last edited by creamers on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: rolluikmotoren

Post by Digit »

Creamers, this part of the forum is English; please translate.

Roller shutter motors are devices that you buy and want to use for years and years, so I wouldn't pin myself too much on how to control them, but on the quality of the motor itself.
Find the right motor with the quality you need/want/can afford and then search for a suitable way to control them; there are lots of options actually, search and you'll find them.

Also, keep in mind that controlling roller shutters with HA is not enough (as with a lot of other things, actually): one day you'll find yourself in a situation where you want to control a roller shutter that's only 1 meter away from you while the nearest HA control panel is on the other floor... yeah, your roller shutters are automated but convenience got worse; and that's when you realize that local control may not sound that cool, but it is very smart to have :wink:

Of course, it all depends on how many motors you'll need and where they will be installed.

PS.
I've got 12 x Somfy motor automated for a year now, working 100% OK.
domotica-store.nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by domotica-store.nl »

I ordered my motors two years ago on http://deltadoors.nl/buismotoren/buismotoren.html
The brand Chamberlain I think I know from the industrial doors? (not sure)
They also indicate which product for which application.

Now two years in my home, without trouble.
Why pay for wireless controll when you will be replacing that with another wireless solution?

Hope this helps....
creamers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by creamers »

thx for the reactions!

Robert, I think you understand what I mean. I think somfy is a good product. (somfy oximo 10/17)
I prefer to control my shutters ' locally' but would like to automate things to or at least in the near future.

Somfy IO is expensive. I have to get an somfy webaccount AND the tohoma box (?) costing another 600 bucks. If somfy has problems than I'm having problems to if I cannot control it locally.

Question: If I buy the somfy RTS shutters and the rfxcom, am I able to get a status/2way communication, or just sending up down?
Quinten
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Quinten »

I'd like to throw in another option.

We've just had an electric roller door installed with a Chamberlain/Liftmaster RDO800 motor. This is primarily controlled with their 433 (rolling code) remotes.

I've installed a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor near the motor which has 2 inputs, one for a magnetic contact switch which tells the home automation system the door is open or closed, and the other is connected to a 'pull to make' switch which is tied to the external release cord (this is a manual override to open the door should the power failure prevent you from doing so) as an alarm trigger (in case someone opens the door manually whilst there is power, this should NEVER happen).

The motor also has an option to hardwire a switch to it (for an external keypad or key turn switch) and I am planning to put a Fibaro relay on it so I can also open it using the home automation controller (Vera Lite).

So it's not the all-in-one solution you want, but very near...

edited to add pictures link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcfwruzczkxwvue/EcKKnsZjld

Q.
Last edited by Quinten on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

domotica-store.nl wrote:I ordered my motors two years ago on http://deltadoors.nl/buismotoren/buismotoren.html
The brand Chamberlain I think I know from the industrial doors? (not sure)

Now two years in my home, without trouble.
Why pay for wireless controll when you will be replacing that with another wireless solution?
But a single point of control is great and reduces the number of remotes. I notice these are 433MHz so maybe this can also be controlled by the RFXcom units.

Something completely different, can you operate them by hand and remote?

rgds
nico
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

One last remark about the 433 MHz Chamberlain garage door openers: don't use the original remotes.
The worst thing that can (and therefore will) happen is that your garage door opens on a 'false positive' in the middle of the night.
It happened here once; we woke up in the morning and the garage door was open - after that I removed all remotes from the garagedoors' memory and went for a wired solution.
So, from now on, the excuse "I never thought this could happen!" won't count anymore... :wink:
creamers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by creamers »

(Hier en daar lees ik dat ik met de rfxcom de somfy rts shutters kan aansturen, maar klopt dit eigenlijk wel?)

Here and there I read that it's possible to control somfy rts shutters with the rfxcom, but is that true ?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

RTS is not suported by RFXCOM
for the list of supported devices see the RFXtrx User Guide chapter 2.2
creamers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by creamers »

Got an email from rfxcom and indeed they are not supported. Probably is the send/receive patented or so.

Somfy is a great product but how to get it controlled without third party routers / weblogins etc. I want to be in control and not depending on other products.

I also would like to control the somfy RTS and other domotica stuff......what to do?

( http://openremote.org/pages/viewpage.ac ... d=20449843 )

Any suggestions ?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

somfy has an encrypted communication between their remotes , transmitters and receivers, so third party products cant be used for somfy products
Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mfr »

I noticed Homewizard supports Somfy http://www.homewizard.nl/zonwering.html. Most devices they support work over 433mhz? Did they reverse engineer the Somfy protcol or did they buy the protcol? What they did, can this be done for RFxcom as well?
creamers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by creamers »

Mfr,

I searched alot on internet, cause I would expect it to be reverse engineered also by other people and not only homewizard....
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

the homewizard is cheaper as the somfy rts485 transmitter, so if they can adress the somfy motors it is cheaper and has more functionality , but can the homewizard be approached by other programs like homeseer, is there an api ?
if not , fiddler could be used to see which commands the homewizard recieves from the webapp.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”