KAKU ACDB6500

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

piotr
Starting Member
Starting Member

KAKU ACDB6500

Post by piotr »

Hi,

I have connected the transmitter of the ACDB6500 doorbell to my existing doorbell (using a relay switch). Now, when I press the doorbell, my existing doorbell sounds, it activates the relay, the Kaku transmitter sends a signal and the KAKU doorbell sounds. So far so good, technically its working.

I'm using rfxcom with Domoticz. The problem is: I don't see the KaKu doorbell in the Domoticz logging, it looks like as if rfxcom does not pickup the signal.

On the other hand: I have added the doorbell as a switch in Domoticz, when I click this switch the KaKu doorbell is activated, rfxcom is transmitting. Why doesn't it pick up the signal when I push the doorbell ?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: KAKU ACDB6500

Post by b_weijenberg »

Check with RFXmngr and enable the ARC and AC protocol only.
You should now see the doorbell pushbutton command if this device is within range of the RFXtrx433.
piotr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by piotr »

The doorbell (senderunit) is right next to the RFXtr433. I have checked with RFXmngr and I see the doorbell pushbutton command sometimes but most of the times not. The doorbell sounds every time I push the button and the doorbell sounds everytime I push the switch in Domoticz. So, it's working perfectly one-way but not the way I want it to work. Could it be that the relay is activated for a too short period ? (it does make the Kaku ring but the RFXtrx433 does not pick up the signal ?) Could it be intereference with other signals ?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Try sending for a longer period or move the KAKU transmitter a bit away from the RFXtrx433.
I suppose the pushbutton transmits outside the limits set in the RFXtrx433 if this doesn't help
piotr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by piotr »

But still: I don't understand why it does work the other way around: rxcom transceiver can activate the doorbell.

Update: removed the switch from Domoticz. Changed the house-code on the transmitter, pushed the button, device appeared under devices in Domoticz. Added the switch, changed type to doorbell. Now every time the doorbell is pushed it is logged by Domoticz. But: when I put the doorbell in learning-mode and push the doorbell, the KaKu doorbell does not sound. (I can live with the that but it's still strange to me).

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”