RFXlan transciever is not detected in network

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

pazzje
Starting Member
Starting Member

RFXlan transciever is not detected in network

Post by pazzje »

After several years of buying the rfxlan (version1), today it was the first time powered the rfxlan up. (i know, a few years to late but busy,busy,busy)
The rfxlan is connected to my router but is not getting an ip-adres. I also used DeviceInstaller (from Lantronix) but DeviceInstaller cant find the RFXLan either.
I tried to force to assign an ip-adres to its mac-adres but no luck. Something is wrong but what? The networkleds of the RFXcom come on when power is connected but there is no communications. Green led goes after a few blinks. I tried to reset the RFXCOM but i can not figure out how. There is no resetbutton. I read the specs off the lantronic WiPortNR and it have a restpin. But how do i activate it? Documentation is very poor on this version. Who can help my?
emvee
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: RFXlan transciever is not detected in network

Post by emvee »

From what you are writing it seems like the network interface is up and some packets are send.

Is ti possible to run Wireshark to see what kind of traffic is generated? That often helps to zoom in on what is going on.
pazzje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pazzje »

Wil i see this info with wireshark because the rfxlan is connected to my router?
emvee
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by emvee »

You have to have Wireshark running on a computer that is either directly connected to the RFXLAN or connected via a hub (not a switch).
Best thing is to power down RFXLAN, start capturing on Wireshark, power up RFXLAN and wait until the RFXLAN seems tp be completely powered up.
pazzje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pazzje »

Aha, but i think i need a crossover networkcabel when i connect the rfxlan direct to the computer.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”