RFXmngr under mono: menu partly greyed out

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

emvee
Starting Member
Starting Member

RFXmngr under mono: menu partly greyed out

Post by emvee »

As I currently do not have any Windows computers up and running, I like to use mono to run RFXmngr.

I am running OpenSUSE 13.1 and although I used not the exact commands from the user guide (apt-get install mono-runtime, apt-get install libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil), I could get things basically running installing mono-complete and mono-basic. Checked the contents of the ibmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil package and see I have /usr/lib/mono/gac/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll on my system.

When doing "mono RFXmngr" I also get the RFXmngr window, I can use the File and About menu, see Version 12.0.0.6 and can successfully connect to /dev/ttyUSB1. After that I see the interface coming up nice and sensor data coming in.

What does not work is that apart from the File and About menu nothing reacts, everything in the Main tab seems to be "greyed out" and clicking on the tabs also does not have an effect. I would expect that after Connect the buttons and tabs were enabled.

I am using mono version 3.0.6 and did run with mono -v. Searched the 1.2 MB log and see no apparent errors.

Anybody having RFXmngr working fine under mono?
If so, any tips or any special things to done?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: RFXmngr under mono: menu partly greyed out

Post by b_weijenberg »

RFXmngr operates only in Windows.
Mono does not support the tabs.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”