Xtrusion Domotica Project

Put a link of your Home Automation, Domotica website here.
123unlock

Re: Xtrusion Domotica Project

Post by 123unlock »

i'm getting approx 30 to 40 meter here with the 100meter usb dongle
as it's only scanning and dont need to make any connection to the device thats fine for me :)

i have them on my keychain, and when i arrive with the car on the parking the house already sees i'm comming home, and turning on the lights when it's dark :)
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
XanderF
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by XanderF »

30 to 40 meters would be ideal, but I'm not even getting half of that. Maybe 6, 7 meters. I've tried a LogiLink BT0015 and Conceptronic 1004108 CBT40NANO. Both 100 meter LE bluetooth 4.0 usb dongles. The problem could be the pi's location. It's in the hallway, behind a door (meterkast) surrounded by cables and iron.

Are you getting 30 to 40 meters with one pi, or multiple located throughout the house?
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

NICE setup!
123unlock

Post by 123unlock »

XanderF wrote:30 to 40 meters would be ideal, but I'm not even getting half of that. Maybe 6, 7 meters. I've tried a LogiLink BT0015 and Conceptronic 1004108 CBT40NANO. Both 100 meter LE bluetooth 4.0 usb dongles. The problem could be the pi's location. It's in the hallway, behind a door (meterkast) surrounded by cables and iron.

Are you getting 30 to 40 meters with one pi, or multiple located throughout the house?
i also had issues in the beginning, RPI was indeed in behind a door (ook meterkast)
So i changed the RPI location to the livingroom, and used an usb extention foot to place the dongle itself on top of one of the speakers in the living
the 30 meter is in "line of sight" (no walls, only windows)

BT Adapter is the LM506
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
XanderF
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by XanderF »

Thank you for the clarification.

Return to “Who has a realtime website”