BSOD FTDIBUS.SYS ??

Forum regarding Windows Software and Home Automation Domotica.
vincenttor

BSOD FTDIBUS.SYS ??

Post by vincenttor »

Well i started to notice this problem a few days ago.
I have build a computer with a i5-4590T CPU because of the low TDP.
This is running for the last month without any problems, probably more then a month , but.

Suddenly a few days ago i noticed that the ip camera server was offline, also the domotica was gone.
the computer was rebooting, like a boot loop sort of error , starting , then windows loading logo.
Few seconds later usb problem, so i pulled out the rfxcom and the plugwise stick , problem was gone.

This morning the computer was doing it again, when i looked in the program bluescreenview i noticed that the computer rebooted/crashed 50 times in a few hours.
When inspecting further it was because of the FTDI driver.
This driver is being used by the rfxcom and also the plugwise usb stick.

So i read some things about using the latest driver version , and so i did installed he latest version.
So i thought, version i manually installed this morning is 2.12.10.0.
The version that was already installed seems to be more up to date then the driver i downloaded from the ftdi website self, version number that was displayed in bluescreenview is :
ftdibus.sys ftdibus.sys+92cb fffff880`055a5000 fffff880`055b4980 0x0000f980 0x4ae075df 10/22/2009 4:10:23 PM FTDIChip CDM Drivers FTDIBUS USB Driver 2.12.10.3 built by: WinDDK FTDI Ltd. C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ftdibus.sys

I can't reproduce it now on purpose , so its waiting till it happens again i think.
Still i like to repair this error before it starts again, my homeseer configuration was gone/reset also because of this..
All plugins where offline and the settings in setup was back to the standard settings.

Any one that has the same problems with this driver ?

Return to “Windows Forum”