Windows 7 x64 upgrade

Forum regarding Windows Software and Home Automation Domotica.
Juande

Windows 7 x64 upgrade

Post by Juande »

Hi All.

After some years of using HSPRO on XP, I have decided to try win7 x64 with a new low consumption computer with 4GB RAM.

I installed all software and drivers (now with 64bit versions) and everything seems to work ok. HS now runs much faster than before and suprisingly, HS now starts very, very fast!

However 2 big issues found:

1. Automatic HS start when autologin at system start. Not yet solved. Although putting a direct link to HSPRO at start folder, no luck (maybe UAC control?)

2. System performs quite fast. However, after a couple of hours running, there is a delay in some events that I suspect it is network related. For example: I have an event that when I activate the alarm (ACRF2 plugin event), it switches off some lights, announces through ATT&T natural voices that the alarm is being activated in AWAY/HOME mode and sends me an email announcing that system alarm is being activated. The email send is done through HS email event by using stunnel.

I suspect stunnel is having any kind of problem/block after some usage and is causing this delay.

Anyone is having any similar problems?
Can you share your win7 upgrade case?
Thanks
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Windows 7 x64 upgrade

Post by Bwired »

Did you try Compatibility Mode in Windows 7?
Juande

Re: Windows 7 x64 upgrade

Post by Juande »

Yes

I think the problem is related to Homeseer not triggering delayed events after a while.

My system starts to show this message as shown is this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143160

Return to “Windows Forum”