Confused...

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Confused...

Post by RdP »

I'm a little confused. I did some reading on this forum and a number of other forums about led lightning.

As some of you might know, I'm trying to lower my energy usage and led lamps can help here...

What I learned from reading is: (and correct me if I'm wrong)
- To get the same light output I need to multiply the LED power usage by 10. So a 4 watt led lamp is about the same as a old fashioned 40 watt bulb..
- First replace existing bulb with LED bulbs on lamps which are turned on the most during the day....

But what bothers me is the enormous price difference in LED bulbs and I cannot explain why this is. I can image that a dim-able one is more expensive.

So thanks for you advice,

Rien
Rien
Mversluis

Re: Confused...

Post by Mversluis »

Hi Rdp,

I try to clear up some head breakers dor you :D

First of all i think you mean led lighting instead of led lightning , other wise it would be dangerous :P :P

It would not so easy to calculate the led x10 =/= "gloeilamp"
By traditional light the light strongness is most of the times countered in watt , this is not right.
The watt means only how many power consumption there is. And can not compare watt from a "gloeilamp" with watt of a LED light

The best way to calculated the light strongness is in LUX or lumen. This can be measured with a lux meter, with this device to can see the actual difference.

Second of all there are many difference type's on the market , and will we very different price also.
Let me explain :
On the moment we have a several generations led;

1) the first one is known by every body : a lots of 5 mm leds mounted on a base. Give a really strange light ( some blue / creepy white )
2) and 3) are much better , the give a reasonable light , but not far enough the compare with normal light

Those are the one the DIY shops and warehouses ( like gamma , praxis , ikea , etc ) would be selling

4) , 5) and some 6) generations are most of the time power leds , the giving a reassemble light and are good replacers for traditional light.
The color temperature is really good and near to the normal light. But be aware : normally light is to much yellow , so the colors in the house , or paintings , ceiling will be transformed to some yellow.
Led has a normal color of 2800 / 3000 Kelvin and would be a normal light ( without the yellow contrast )

The last one are sold by special shops and are some expense then the first generations.

You are very welcome to come to our office and would like to show you the different light (bulbs ) and you can see it by yourself

Marco

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”