LED lamp vs energy saving lamp (spaarlamp)

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

LED lamp vs energy saving lamp (spaarlamp)

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

I see more and more led lamps on this forum.

I also noticed that the early lamps used 1,2 or 2,4 watt's. Nowadays the powerled's use 6,5 watt's (why?)
If the powerled is using 6,5 watt's, watt's :P the benefit of a LED lamp vs a normal energy efficient lamp (spaarlamp).
They both use around 7 watt's, LED may be a warmer color and last longer (but we'll have to see about that), the normal 'spaarlamp' is much cheaper.
So I wonder if the savings will compensate the high price.

Any suggestions?
**Jeroen**
Dickr43

Re: LED lamp vs energy saving lamp (spaarlamp)

Post by Dickr43 »

Besides better color the LED lamp uses 6,5W for approx. 60W convetional bulb. A 'Spaarlamp' needs between 12W to 14W to deliver the same light intensity. Another advantage of the LED lamp is that it is instant-on, no waiting time before the lamp delivers full power.

I agree that the price for LED is still much too high, I don't think you will earn the difference back during its life time. We also still need to see if a LED lamp will live as long as the manufacturers tell us...
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

see my calculation (dutch)
http://www.tane.nl/wp/?p=64

Saving is 15 years is +/- 70 euro
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

From the time i started using LED until this day, my calculation says i should not buy LED cause I'll end up paying more.
It's better to wait a couple of years, let the LED industry fix their problems and let others buy all those batches of garbage that are on the market these days and then maybe, maybe you will save some when you start buying GOOD LED stuff in the future. But not now.
But of course it's not all about $$$, right?

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”