Creating icons

Forum about hardware/software for the Philips Pronto TSU9600 and other remotes.

Moderator: hvxl

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Snelvuur »

All,

http://mediaicons.org/ is a good place if you want nice 3d icons of movies. I think these look nicer then normal. Maybe its handy to use.

What they also have is this:

http://mediaicons.org/stylebuilder.aspx

This tool will allow you to make those icons. But in our case its also handy to make buttons. Just take a picture from the web and hit the buttons "shadow/rounded corners" for instance and your first button is born.

This will safe you time, since you dont have to start up adobe photoshop which is also time consuming, unless you know your way.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Digit »

For creating nice logo's i have a Photoshop psd that you can use to create icons like this:

I will upload this psd to Erik's Pronto file area.

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Digit »

The psd has been uploaded. It's in the Images/Tools dir.

I'm not a Photoshop guy, so here's how i use it:
I disable the "BBC" layer, open the image i want to modify, and copy the "overlay" to my image. Et voila...

Along with this psd i uploaded a Gallery of 20MB loaded with TV channels icons, button, etc etc...

Tip: rename the Gallery.gef to .zip and unzip it. This way you have all images in the gallery available as separate file.
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Creating icons

Post by Jeffke »

Hi Digit

I'm trying to create some dutch radio logo buttons, but for some reason I can't get is to work (I'm not a photoshop guy either)

I've tried opening the psd in photoshop 6.0 but it fails with an error. I tried to figure out what you mean with 'disabling BBC layer' as I can't find such a layer [?] Could you please clarify a bit more

Thanks

Jeff
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Digit »

Jeff,

I use Photoshop CS2. With that version, in the lower right corner you can switch on/off the different layers. I think it was the symbol of an eye you had to click on; that's all i can remember. I tried starting up Photoshop to remember more and create a screendump for you, but it won't start anymore; i had to kill it twice after waiting >5 minutes. This is probably caused by removing my PC from a domain recently. You loose all kinds of stuff by doing that... [:(!] Sorry...

Reinstalling Photoshop will take a while before i do that. So be patient...[:I] Maybe someone else can help you.
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Creating icons

Post by Jeffke »

Hi Robert, No probs. I will get it to work. I dont have the CS2 version but I assume it should work (in a different way) on 6.0 or other photoshop versions as well. I will keep you all posted. Once I've got this to work I will upload it to eriks file area as well.
I assume you only worked on the TV logo's and not the radio logo's, because I couldn't find any of those ???

Thanks.

Jeff
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Digit »

That's right, only TV icons. The rest (Radio) will follow some day...
Good luck!
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Creating icons

Post by Jeffke »

I've almost got it, and I had a bit of a laugh as well [:D]
After downloading CS2 I could open the overlay and I discovered
that, with 'BBC' layer you actualy ment the BBC logo in one of the Layers. I thought that BBC layer was some specific term within photoshop......... now I feel like a [:o)]
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Creating icons

Post by Digit »

LOL [:D]
alexpeter
Starting Member
Starting Member

Creating icons

Post by alexpeter »

There are many software programmers that are used to create icons. You can make any image an icon by simply converting its file format to .cio.
Williejan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Creating icons

Post by Williejan »

Kijk voor software om buttons, achtergronden enz te maken eens op http://www.guifx.com/
Met het programma copilot kun je in 1 keer de inhoud van een totale map met logo's veranderen in diverse soorten knoppen.
Ook kun je daar een database openen met allerlei logo's.

Return to “Philips Pronto (TSU9600), IRtrans and other remotes”