IRTRANS: IR relay possible with IRT-LAN-Mod?

Forum about hardware/software for the Philips Pronto TSU9600 and other remotes.

Moderator: hvxl

blb

IRTRANS: IR relay possible with IRT-LAN-Mod?

Post by blb »

Hi all,

I have a question for which I can't find the answer on the irtrans website. I hope you can help me with the basis question: is the IRT-LAN-Mod capable of (stand - alone) IR relay? Or do I need the IRT-LAN-DB (so including Database) for that?

What I want to get:
Currently I'm operating all my equipment via 1 universal remote (Philips SRU 8015) without any problem.
I'm planning to have all equipment (excluding my TV :D ) in a cabinet with a closed door. Normal operation should be just to relay the IR signal from my remote to the IR receivers attached to the equipment in the cabinet. Additionally, I like to send commands via IR to Homeseer and to receive commands from Homeseer which are send via IR to the equipment. So, will this be possible via the IRT-LAN-Mod or do I need the IRT-LAN-DB for this functionality?
Bernard
daferra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: IRTRANS: IR relay possible with IRT-LAN-Mod?

Post by daferra »

That is exactly the question that I also have. I tried to figur out on the internet, but did't find a satisfaction answer. did you already find out? or someone please?
blb

Re: IRTRANS: IR relay possible with IRT-LAN-Mod?

Post by blb »

Yes it works. I did contact irtrans before I bought the module and they confirmed. You have to enable 'self repeat'. I'm using it since 3 weeks now. There is only 1inconvenience and that's a delay in long repeat commands like volume up or down.
Bernard

Return to “Philips Pronto (TSU9600), IRtrans and other remotes”