Using the iPod Touch in your car

Forum about hardware/software for the Philips Pronto TSU9600 and other remotes.

Moderator: hvxl

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

What else to do on a cold, rainy holiday with the whole family than shopping? Yesterday i bought this at Halfords for EUR 25, so i can listen to Podcasts in my car:

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

I used to have a bluetooth / ipod car radio. But the biggest problem is that if you have 400+ albums on a ipod that skipping through or searching something doesnt work on a single din car radio. You need at least double din and a jog wheel of some kind. But this is really nice for 25 euro's. At least you where home, i had to come along and type my pin code in everytime..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I have a 5-year old car with factory-built-in radio, so no things like BT, USB or whatsoever. (time flies...) So i needed a FM transmitter. This one was just a tryout, didn't expect much for the price, but it does all i need.

Con: now i'm going to have both my cellphone and iPod Touch with me, all the time while not at home.
Pro: Good reason to go for the iPhone in the future..[:D]
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

i ordered a iphone on ebay, since the tyntn 2 is nice, but it just doesn't cut it for me if you compare it with the iphone. but so far no response from the seller, so that kinda sucks at the moment.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Keep me (us) informed, on how this eBay-thing ends, will you?
I've already decided that my next cellphone will be iPhone, but i have my current phone for <1 year, so a bit to fast for switching again, but when a good deal passes by...who knows what i'll do.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Friend of mine bought one in the states, only if you go to the states you have to keep your suitcase open. Strange thing of it all that it was stolen from his suitcase! After 911 you would suspect they have good people there, but it seems the people that bring the suitcase from the airport to the plain where steeling. The suitcase was a bit wet when opened back home, so that indicated that they opened it outside (because it was raining).

After that he bought one on ebay too, only to find out customs delayed it and asked a extra 90 euro's for importing it.

Then he got his motor cycle, ofcourse he wanted to show it and came to the office to it. But it was thursday (lots of rain) and he put his iphone in his jacket only to find out that it was not really waterproof. So the iphone was full of water and didn't work anymore.

So now he's buying his 3rth iphone i think (and a small 1500 euro's further)

In all fairness, i hope my luck doesn't experience the same.

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Philips Pronto (TSU9600), IRtrans and other remotes”