Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Forum about Domotica related gadget like Pocketpc, UMPC, Smartphones, Ipad Etc

Moderator: TANE

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby TANE » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Xtreamer arrived this evening and is working fine.
This device is much faster than the other devices I have seen.

Nice thing of the xtreamer is that the device can be fully controlled via IP.
There is also a Iphone interface (web)
I'm looking for the codes/commands for integration in HSTouch.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
User avatar
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Bjochems » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:11 am

Interesting, keep us posted!

How about:
- fan noise
- NFS support
- cover art for music and video / GUI adjustments
- TrueHD and DTS-HD audio
Bas
User avatar
Bjochems
Member
Member
 
Posts: 179
Joined: June 2008
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Rene » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

En hoe speel je nu je BlueRays of DVDs af?
Rene.
User avatar
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: October 2008
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Snelvuur » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:00 am

I am playing around with a asrock as xbmc media center, first impressions look really well. The things i want are in there but mostly cosmetic and own preferences, too much to check out. Of course this is not for the average joe, you need some basic knowledge if you run it under linux for instance or for windows you need some click skills. XBMC does not yet support full hd on a ion based nettop, but boxee for instance does. So it will be sooner then later that XBMC will also work with ion support on windows.

But look at this, you know why i wanted to go for this.. like some other on the forum too:

// Erik (binkey.nl)
User avatar
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby drmacchi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Erik, why it doesn' t support full HD ? i know that if you have power-dvd 9 and BRay reader you go for that with ION. you mean that the player inside XBMC is not full HD? can't you set an "external" application? i'm going to build an HTPC , so i'm really curios about that ! thanks
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 827
Joined: August 2007
Location: Italy

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Snelvuur » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:53 pm

you get me wrong, xbmc does support full hd blueray mkv for instance.. BUT it does not yet support blueray discs itself (so if you get a rental blueray for instance)
With windows you can play blueray discs with powerdvd for instance, but this is only with windows and the xbmc version of windows does not yet fully use the nvidia ion, so it cant even play full hd. (perhaps powerdvd does use that, but its a external app, so not integerated in your xbmc.. = not nice)

that said, i am running it on linux now, and since i download a lot of junk i dont bother with not being able to play the blueray discs, it will come in due time (after all they are busy with it) it plays dvd's just fine btw. i will just wait a bit more, in the mean time i get some experience with xbmc since it can do so much..
// Erik (binkey.nl)
User avatar
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby drmacchi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Do you have any informations about Mediaportal vs. Xbmc ( i know that they're windows side, and you linux side :D ) , but may be you have some informations.thanks
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 827
Joined: August 2007
Location: Italy

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby TANE » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Xtreamer update:

New firmware available.
All is more optimized and some new futures.
All feels smother and fast

For DVD playing you can add USB DVD to Xtrteamer.
but it's better to go for a standalone BL player

Fan noise is acceptable..there are some youtube video if you like to reduce more.
Sound is good..did not test the DTS-HD just connected to the TV
TikTak and Home video;s is the most watched on the xtreamer.
What I most like is it can play the JVC mod files without any conversion.

for 110 euro this is the best player.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
User avatar
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Snelvuur » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:24 pm

@drmacchi: we are stealing the topic a bit, but in short mediaportal is a fork of xbmc, which has not grown like xbmc. this was once the default if you went all windows, but now that xbmc is starting to support windows i think most will think twice. if you need more information make a new topic ;p
// Erik (binkey.nl)
User avatar
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Bjochems » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 am

@tane

Where did you buy the player? On the dutch website http://www.xtreamer.nl/ the player is out of stock.
Bas
User avatar
Bjochems
Member
Member
 
Posts: 179
Joined: June 2008
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Sooty » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:52 pm

TANE wrote:Xtreamer arrived this evening and is working fine.
This device is much faster than the other devices I have seen.

Nice thing of the xtreamer is that the device can be fully controlled via IP.
There is also a Iphone interface (web)
I'm looking for the codes/commands for integration in HSTouch.


I have also been looking at the Xtreamer device. It seems like very good value for money.

Did you find any documentation or information on controlling it remotely over IP?

Paul..
Sooty
Member
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: March 2008
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby TANE » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Bjochems wrote:@tane

Where did you buy the player? On the dutch website http://www.xtreamer.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the player is out of stock.


Bas,
http://www.bol.com
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
User avatar
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby TANE » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Sooty wrote:
TANE wrote:Xtreamer arrived this evening and is working fine.
This device is much faster than the other devices I have seen.

Nice thing of the xtreamer is that the device can be fully controlled via IP.
There is also a Iphone interface (web)
I'm looking for the codes/commands for integration in HSTouch.


I have also been looking at the Xtreamer device. It seems like very good value for money.

Did you find any documentation or information on controlling it remotely over IP?

Paul..


Paul.
Did not found any docu only some vista sidebar apps and the remote via browser. This part is build in in the webserver of the xtreamer.

hope you will find more
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
User avatar
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby Sooty » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 pm

TANE wrote:
Sooty wrote:
TANE wrote:Xtreamer arrived this evening and is working fine.
This device is much faster than the other devices I have seen.

Nice thing of the xtreamer is that the device can be fully controlled via IP.
There is also a Iphone interface (web)
I'm looking for the codes/commands for integration in HSTouch.


I have also been looking at the Xtreamer device. It seems like very good value for money.

Did you find any documentation or information on controlling it remotely over IP?

Paul..


Paul.
Did not found any docu only some vista sidebar apps and the remote via browser. This part is build in in the webserver of the xtreamer.

hope you will find more


OK Enver thanks.

I didn't realise the device had a built in webserver.

Any chance of having a quick look at the web interface? If so you could email me a URL to have a look.

Paul..
Sooty
Member
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: March 2008
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Next Gen Streaming Video players.

Postby TANE » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Paul you have mail
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
User avatar
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: April 2007
Location: Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Gadgets Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest