FKX active repeater and PLCBUS

Forum about PLCBUS devices & software.

Moderator: Digit

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

This is a AW12, also fitted in 40mm deep.
And this also is the box from where my garden gets its juice, so another 3 wires extra and extra "lasdoppen". But it fits.

Make sure the wires are not to long, don't get between the module and the switch (like the 2 blue in your image), cause that wil get you in trouble. It can be done. All first things are hard; the next will be much easier[:)]
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

I tried two switches in the living-room with all wires removed, just test-fitting the micro-module and the switch and even that would not fit.

There simply is no space to fit the micromodule, the switch and all the wiring running through it. The box is shown in the picture has 7 wires that need to interconnect and also needs to hold the micro-module and the switch. And the reason it fits here is that the plaster on the wall is just thick enough to give that little extra bit of space.

But as I said, I will let it rest for a few days and make-up my mind then.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />This is a AW12, also fitted in 40mm deep.
And this also is the box from where my garden gets its juice, so another 3 wires extra and extra "lasdoppen". But it fits.

Make sure the wires are not to long, don't get between the module and the switch (like the 2 blue in your image), cause that wil get you in trouble. It can be done. All first things are hard; the next will be much easier[:)]
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

Today I paid a visit to the local DIY store ('Karwei') and found switches that have a depth of only 15 mm as opposed to other switches being almost twice as deep.

Together with a micro-module fitted behind them you only need a 35mm hole in the wall. As an extra bonus these switches come with screw-terminals instead of clamp-terminals.

Costs: About 10 euro for two switches and a dual-switch bracket. Look for the brand 'ETM' and then the 'EXA wissel schakelaar'.

Where needed I will replace switches with the ones from ETM.

Ordering more PLCBUS micro-modules is on a list for next month.

@digit: The switch you show on the picture looks the same as the ones I have in my house. How do you manage to switch lights with a micro-module? The switch has no independant terminals. One of the terminals is always connected to the phase, so connecting a micro-module will not work.

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

@JFN:
You see, where there's a will..[8D]
How do the switches look, do you have a pic?

Regarding switching lights with this AW12, i can tell you, it does work.
Don't know how anymore, will try to figure out later on.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I thought, what am i missing here, but now i know what you think; you probably think the AW12 is for the wall outlet, right? But no, this AW12 is in that box because this is also the place where the power cable for the garden leaves my house, and the AW12 is for switching the garden lights, not for the wall outlet.
Now it all makes sense, right?
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

@digit: It makes sense now. I was assuming you were controlling the micro-module with the light-switch.

I have to look for another option to be able to fit a micro-module behind the switch/wall outlet combinations. I am thinking of buying one from the DIY store and modify it. Or drop the outlet part and only mount a switch.

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

FYI, i just came across this picture:

According to this picture PLCBUS uses a different carrier signal than X-10.

Return to “PLCBUS Forum”