Forum about PLCBUS devices & software.

Moderator: Digit

tompo
Starting Member
Starting Member

two houses, one control?

Post by tompo »

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I have two houses next to each other. In the first house I have a domotica system running, using PLCbus and homeseer. We would like to extend this to both houses.
Connecting the electrical circuits from both houses directly is not an option :(
Is there anyone who has an idea how to connect two houses using PLCbus and homeseer?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

two houses, one control?

Post by TANE »

you can use a Rf receiver for the second house
or just use another protocol like zwave/plugwise/kaku

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

two houses, one control?

Post by Rene »

Is it possible to attach two PLCBus PC interfaces to Homeseer in parallel? If it is, connect one PC interface to a Belkin USB network hub and make this available over Internet (taking security measures offcourse). You can then connect Homeseer to the second PLCBus interface over the Internet.

Rene.
tompo
Starting Member
Starting Member

two houses, one control?

Post by tompo »

Hi Chak and Rene,

Thanks for the fast response.

I thought of a RF receiver in the other house but I couldn't find a RF transmitter that sends out the signals comming from homeseer. Unless I overlooked something, a RF receiver in the other house would only be a solution when using RF remote controls.

Using another protocol could be a solution but I really like the PLCbus protocol. Fast and devices are not that expensive. And I really like the crystal panel switches which I think cann't be used with an other protocol.

Allthough the PLCbus interface uses an USB connector, the plugin in homeseer uses a serial port. This is solved by a USB to serial driver you have to install in widows.
Connecting two PLCbus interfaces would be a nice solution. But I don't think it is going to work. The PLCbus plugin in homeseer can only address one serial port. I don't see a possibility to install the PLCbus plugin twice.
kevinlo
Starting Member
Starting Member

two houses, one control?

Post by kevinlo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tompo</i>
<br />Hi Chak and Rene,

Thanks for the fast response.

I thought of a RF receiver in the other house but I couldn't find a RF transmitter that sends out the signals comming from homeseer. Unless I overlooked something, a RF receiver in the other house would only be a solution when using RF remote controls.

Using another protocol could be a solution but I really like the PLCbus protocol. Fast and devices are not that expensive. And I really like the crystal panel switches which I think cann't be used with an other protocol.

Allthough the PLCbus interface uses an USB connector, the plugin in homeseer uses a serial port. This is solved by a USB to serial driver you have to install in widows.
Connecting two PLCbus interfaces would be a nice solution. But I don't think it is going to work. The PLCbus plugin in homeseer can only address one serial port. I don't see a possibility to install the PLCbus plugin twice.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello Tompo ,

You can use RFXCOM 's RF Transmitters + Homeseer plug-in for send out RF command in homeseer.
http://www.rfxcom.com/transmitters.htm
http://www.rfxcom.com/downloads.htm

Then in the second house use PLCBUS-4022 for receive that RF signal for control send house's PLCBUS device. But you will lose the two-way communication function if you use RF only.

Can your first house's PLCBUS powerline signal reach second house ?

Kevin Lo

Return to “PLCBUS Forum”