Xanura DAX 10 issues

Forum about Domotica Home Automation for dummies, is only for the real beginner questions.

Moderator: TANE

Jules
Starting Member
Starting Member

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Jules »

I have the Holec / Eaton / Xanura CIX computer interface,
And I use various types of xanura modules, and some cheap no brand types.
everything works fine except for the (2) Xanura DAX10 modules.

Problem: With the CIX interface I can program the address of the module but after hours of trying
I have discovered that I cannot program the "respons to all on" and "respons to all off" at the same time in one module.
So it respons to all on or all off but not to both.

Is this a familiar problem to anyone, should I use another programming interface or is it just crappy hardware ?

Thanx in Advance

Julian van Basten.
mo046

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by mo046 »

Julian,

Programming with the CIX is easy with the Xanura software. I think your problem is not related to the CIX, but to the DAX10 module. The module is can be programmed in either ALL OFF or ALL ON, so the CIX is able to send both. So the problem must be in your DAX10. You have to program the module address and all the desired options after you entered the module into the programming mode. Send all the commands by sening them twice in approximately one second distance. The module leaves the programming mode by pressing the programming switch again, or after one minute of silence.

** Maurice **
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by TANE »

Did not know that CIX is still in use..:)
I have also one as Backup unit when my HS is not working.
mo046

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by mo046 »

Mine actually past away recently. It started doing strange things and eventually past away. Actually I'm quite disappointed by the quality for a very expensive interface.

I'm now using a CM11A with USB, but it is not so stable and seems to buffer sometimes the received signals so it doesn't trigger events in time. Soon want to switch to CTX35, TI213 or PMIX35. TI213 is the cheapest (directly from ACT), TI213 and CTX35 are both RS232 and most stable(?), PMIX35 is newest and supports remote programming of new Xanura modules, but has USB (less stable?). Any advise is appreciated!

** Maurice **
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by TANE »

for the CIX contact Holec..i think they will replace it.

I have the CTX35 is working fine
At the moment doing some testing with Pmix35 connection is very stable even with remote USB connection via lan.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Bwired »

If you want reliable X10 you need to examine your powerline first, this can be done with for instance with a PMIX35. All kind of devices can disturb the signal. Today I installed a new PC for the kids and guess what, The Xanura switches became very slow and some switches even did not work any more. I unplugged the computer and everything worked again, so this one needs a filter.
mo046

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by mo046 »

Enver, do you think Holec will replace even an old one? Mine is a big aluminium box, it's not one of the latest design.

Pieter, I experienced the same issue with a laptop docking station power adapter. A filter solved it all!

** Maurice **
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Bwired »

Try conting the service center Eaton Holec has a good service!
Jules
Starting Member
Starting Member

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Jules »

Hi Maurice,

Thanx for your reply, I only use this stuff in my own house and I bought the CIX second hand very cheap, but it works perfectly for the SAX moldules and also for marmitek and other brand modules.

I know what the procedure is (manual) for programming the modules, and I really tried it multiple times.

I do the following,

1.) I get a powerblock connect it to 230V
put the CIX in one and the DAX10 in one

2.) connect the xanura software to the CIX, com1 all connects fine
able to give commands to other modules in the house.

3.) Push the tiny button with a pen. so it will flicker
and programe the checkboxes and new address. the address
is taken over and one of the two checkboxes, somethimes the all
lights on, somethimes the all lights off, randomly.

--> I've done this about ten times, and gave up, so no all off.
but a little frustrated.

PS: I've got a spare SVX10, but everything works fine, can i still use this for improvement?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jules</i>
<br />I have the Holec / Eaton / Xanura CIX computer interface,
And I use various types of xanura modules, and some cheap no brand types.
everything works fine except for the (2) Xanura DAX10 modules.

Problem: With the CIX interface I can program the address of the module but after hours of trying
I have discovered that I cannot program the "respons to all on" and "respons to all off" at the same time in one module.
So it respons to all on or all off but not to both.

Is this a familiar problem to anyone, should I use another programming interface or is it just crappy hardware ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I found this in the manual of the DAIX12:
1. Switch the module to programming mode:
press the programming button for a minimum of three
seconds, the LED lights.
2. Addressing:
send C10 2 x, LED flashes 2 x.
3. Determine function:
two-level retractive switch operation, is the default position,
no set-up command needs to be sent.
4. Set options:
send 2 x All Lights On (ALN), LED flashes 6 x
send 2 x All Units Off (AUF), LED flashes 8 x.
5. Exit the programming mode:
briefly press the programming button, LED flashes every
three seconds.

Looks like more options at the same time are possible, Is the DAX10 different? I guess not.
mo046

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by mo046 »

Julian,

do you mean by "check boxes" the buttons in the "commando's" window of the Xanura software, or the configuration settings in the "status venster"? You have to use the command window to program your devices.

** Maurice **
Jules
Starting Member
Starting Member

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by Jules »

I'm programming my devices from the Status Window / Venster ?!

I'm pleased when I just can send text strings to the DAX10 from the command log, but I've experienced that I can only send commands from here.
mo046

Xanura DAX 10 issues

Post by mo046 »

So when you go to the command window and start the logging, and then send commands with the buttons on the right hand side of the screen, you don't see the commands being transmitted? First you have to select the address and then the command (eg. A - 01 - All units off - All units off)

** Maurice **

Return to “Domotica for Dummies Forum”