Starting with domotica

Forum about Domotica Home Automation for dummies, is only for the real beginner questions.

Moderator: TANE

ErikBooij
Starting Member
Starting Member

Starting with domotica

Post by ErikBooij »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen :)

I've been interested in gadgets and everything related to it and what's a greater gadget than being able to control the entire house from the PC / iPad? Right, I'm not the only one here who thinks that way, but I might be the only one who doesn't have a clue where to start.

What I'd like to achieve, for starters, is being able to control one switch from my PC, whether with special software or from a browser interface. I'd like to expend later to cope with my ambitious fantasies.

What my ultimate wish is, is being able to control everything (lighting, curtains, the coffee machine, etc) from a webinterface (programming in PHP is what I'm good at), so I'd like to know what the best solution is for the following:
  • Firstly, just controlling one switch from the PC.
    Then, being able to connect to a webinterface.
    Then, it should be expandable (the more controllable options, the better, right?).
    It should be able to control actuators, read out sensors, etc. (this is for later, when I get comfortable in using this)
Looking forward to your answers!

Kind regards,
Erik Booij
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Starting with domotica

Post by TANE »

Welkom to Domoticaforum.

Check Homeseer and zwave.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

and check DomotiGa, Girder, Homeseer, EventGhost, xPL with RFXLAN and KlikAanKlikUit, HomeEasy and Oregon Scientific sensors.
ErikBooij
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ErikBooij »

Thanks, the both of you!

That ought to keep me busy for a while.

Return to “Domotica for Dummies Forum”