New features for cheap devices

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

hplus
Starting Member
Starting Member

New features for cheap devices

Post by hplus »

Hi,

One of my most important problem with HA is the reliability of the communication with all the devices.
I would like some watchdog feature in domotiga in order to overcome the lack of bidirectionnal communication and state resend with cheap X10 devices. Let me illustrate my thought
For example, i have a PIR detector (mS13), i sometimes miss the back to "no motion"signal so the domotiga state of the device stays "motion" for hours.... This can lead to some problems when there is some events related to the device state. The physical device state is inconsistent with domotiga device state, there is no way to read the physical device state. Lets note this Problem 1.

Another but different example : I have a event that turns off a lamp, if for any reason the device miss the message, domotiga believes the devices is off, but it is still on. (I still remember my huge electricity bill...) Once agin we have an inconsistent physical/domotiga device state. This is problem 2.

Problem 2 can be solved by adding a checkbox in the device editor with a label "resend state" ( a spinbox can also be added to configure the period)
Problem 1 can be solved by adding a checkbox in the device editor with a label "reset state to", with a user editable state, and a period.

What do you think about this?

Hplus

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”