How MS13 communicate with Appliance Module?

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Bennieo
Starting Member
Starting Member

How MS13 communicate with Appliance Module?

Post by Bennieo »

Hi,

I'm trying to use a MS13 motion-detector to switch a Appliance Module in Domotiga Server. But I can't use the same address for the Appliance Module and the ms13. So How does the ms13 switch on the Appliance Module?.
The MS13 works in the DomotigaServer.
I'm using the RFXcom tranceiver...

Thx B
OWK

Re: How MS13 communicate with Appliance Module?

Post by OWK »

Why would you use the same address... :D
Anyway, I give you my ideas on this:

According the Domotiga manual you need an unique address on an interface (domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/User ... ser_Manual).

Since you use RFX tranceiver you have a transmitter part and a receiver part.It depends on the definition of an interface, so lets say a RFXcom receiver is one interface and the RFXcom transmitter is the other. As long as you set the MS13 using a RFXcom receiver input and the appliance module a RFXcom transmitter output in the device configuration of Domotiga, that should theoretically work. Of course you need to setup a trigger and event in Domotiga and you should be able to get it working.

My opinion: start with two separate addresses and if that works experiment with other settings ;-)

Regards
OWK
Domotiga
Cubietruck, Ubuntu server 1.0.2
RFXcom LAN, home brew ground plane antenna
KaKu
Bennieo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: How MS13 communicate with Appliance Module?

Post by Bennieo »

Thanks OWK,

It can be soooo easy..!!!.. Ofcourse...That's the solution.. I was still thinking in CM15 language..!!.. But this is even better.. I'll try..
Thanks...
Ben

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”