Application crash

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

vdoucet
Starting Member
Starting Member

Application crash

Post by vdoucet »

Hi all,
since few weeks if not months my Ubuntu / Domotiga has been running heraticaly. One application crash per day, more or less, without knowing the origin. I finally upgraded Ubuntu to 12.04 and Domotiga to the latest (0.1.208). All seemed quite stable for a few days until today where I was able to have an error message :
"This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.
[13] Null object.
Main.BroadcastUDP_Error.5869"
I have no idea where that could come from and how to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks in advance.
Vincent
Ubuntu 10.10 + Domotiga 0.1.194 + Gambas 2.21
Interface PLCBUS II-T PLC1141 G+ (USB) ; 2x PLCBUS2-R PLC2268HX2 ; 2x PLCBUS II-R PLC2267-H ; 1x PLCBUS II-R PLC2267-K
Oregon Scientific (7x THN132ES, 3x THGN132ES, 1x PCR800)
RFXCOM (USB ; firmware 20)
Mosibi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Application crash

Post by Mosibi »

Looking at the domotiga code ( http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... ain.module ), i see on line 5869 the following:

SELECT CASE hBroadcastEvent.Status.

After this there is a handler for error events, but not for the event you are seeing. As i do not have any experience with the language where Domotiga is written in, i do not know how to exactly read the event you are getting: '[13] Null object.' To me it looks like 'hBroadcastEvent.Status' is set but empty. I think there should be a handler for unknown errors, something like this:

CASE *
Main.WriteDebugLog(("[BroadcastUDP] Unknown error:
hBroadcastEvent.Status"))

Here the author of this can choose to keep the programm running (and log it) or exit (and log it)
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

I have added a CATCH statement to the latest revision to catch this error.
Thanks for reporting.
Regarding unstable installation; it's hard to see if it's hardware, OS and/or DomotiGa related right now.
If you have more information we can look into that.
Regards, Ron.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

What I also noticed is that you have 'Gambas 2.21' in your tagline, please upgrade to 2.24, since older versions of Gambas contain bugs that make it unsuitable for 24/7 operation.
Regards, Ron.
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@vdoucet: I had the similair problem with the broadcast udp and i was able to reproduce it and this fix should be in the repository soon (the UDP socket will be initialized at the start, not with every broadcast as before).
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”