OpenRemote support for DomotiGa

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

daferra
Starting Member
Starting Member

OpenRemote support for DomotiGa

Post by daferra »

I am in the process of creating a ipad remote for Domotiga with the use off OpenRemote.

Easy commands like on and off on differend buttons is no problem with http post commands.
Screen Shot 2012-10-02 at 12.39.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-02 at 12.39.47 PM.png (36.08 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
What about getting status from devices? to create a "switch" wit On/Off status you need to get the result back fro a http get command. Can I use the XML-RPC implementation to get values of devices or control.

If someone can point me into the direction that i need to follow?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: OpenRemote support for DomotiGa

Post by RDNZL »

I am willing to help to get it to work.
You can get the devices values and control your devices via the XML-RPC interface.
http://domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/XML-RPC
Look here for the implemented methods, if something is missing let me know I will code them.
See device.getstate and device.setdevice

If you promise to write some doc and supply examples how to use OpenRemote with Domotiga ;-)
Regards, Ron.
daferra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by daferra »

That's great Ron! I will share my configuration, documentation, howto's with you so that the whole DomotiGa community can use it. I will send you a PM with the questions I have.
sandervp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sandervp »

I realize this is an old tread, but as this is one of the few things you can find on Domotiga and Openremote I am responding to it anyway :)

When I was looking for a decent client for Domotiga I bumped into Openremote.
Domotiga (or actually Gambas) doesn't like the Expect 100-continue header. I don't see this being fixed in Gambas in short term.

So I been thinking about a way to get rid of the header without making changes in Domotiga or Openremote. The quickest and most easy way is to put a proxy in between that strips the Expect header. Added three lines in my Apache config, added <property name="contentType" value="text/xml"> to my controller.xml for the sensors and switches. the only disadvantage is that you need to add the contenttype node to the controller.xml everyttime you sync it.

Finally I can start playing with Openremote and have a decent client for my Home Theatre and lights :)
alphadomo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alphadomo »

Hi Daferra,

I just start my domotic project I have did some research and find domotiga really good except the IHM I would like to have a cheap tablette fix on my wall with a beautiful interface. I have already take a look at openremote. I would like to use is domotiga as controller and openremote for the interface. Do you have some howto's.
My actual setting is a rpi with raspbmc + logitech media server ( squeezbox ) + domotiga as server + rfxcom.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”