Change device value1 by manually triggered action

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

OWK

Change device value1 by manually triggered action

Post by OWK »

All: can you help me with some advise on this configuration:

This is the current set-up:
Lamps can be switched On using 1 of 2 possible events each triggered by one trigger:
-pushing a KaKu remote control 'On key'
-a sun set

Lamps can be switched Off using 1 of 2 possible events each triggered by one trigger:
-pushing a KaKu remote control 'Off key'
-a time (23:30)

In order to get the Kaku remote working I've setup a device as HE module and a RFXCom receiver inrterface. In device options I've checked 'can be switched'.
Value1 in the HE module represents the last pushed key on the KaKu remote.

When the KaKU remote is not used, the sunset trigger will switch the lamps to On and the time will switch it Off.

This is what happens sometimes:
If the lamps are switched On manually using the KaKu remote and the time trigger switched the lamps Off automoatically, the next time you want to use the KaKu remote to switch the lamps On, the action does not switch the device although the lamp (the device) is Off in real time. This seems caused by the fact that Value1 of the KaKu remote is already (or is left) On.

Possible solution
In the events to switch the lamps, add a value change for the KaKu remote Value1. So the Sun set triggered event: set Value1=On, in the time triggered event set Value1=Off.

But it seems the Kaku remote control device Value1 does not accept these value changes, if for test the action is manually triggered by 'Run Now' (I refreshed the device list several times).

Any thoughts on this not configured correctly?
I assumed events are not included here because an action sets device value directly. Is that corcect?
Domotiga
Cubietruck, Ubuntu server 1.0.2
RFXcom LAN, home brew ground plane antenna
KaKu

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”