GEO (Green Energy Options) - Using their sensors..?

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

MarkMort
Starting Member
Starting Member

GEO (Green Energy Options) - Using their sensors..?

Post by MarkMort »

Please accept my apologies if I’m posing this in the right place, I’m new to the group and looking to bring my new DomotiGa server online in the coming weeks..

GEO have been around for a while in the UK, mostly creating OEM hardware for the energy suppliers such as EDF and Scottish Power. http://www.greenenergyoptions.co.uk/

I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Volcan Energy trail greenenergyoptions.co.uk/what-we-do/tri ... ct-volcan/

They basically filled the house with GEO branded:
  • 1 x outdoor Temperature sensor
    1 x indoor Temperature sensor
    4 x smart plugs to turn items on/off and report on their energy usage,
    2 x passive smart plugs to report on their energy usage,
    1 x boiler control
    1 x hot water pipe temperature sensor
    1 x hot water heating pipe temperature sensor

A nifty little LCD display, wireless/Ethernet bridge and smart electricity and gas meters ..
    I don’t hold much hope to getting these working but if the other bits above would make a great addition to the DomotiGa system.
    Now that the trail has ended nobody wants to support the equipment left behind and no online server serve it so the system is just going to waste.
Before the trial I used to have Unifi which uses the same plugs so we can assume everything is compatible whicfh looks like this:

Has anyone successfully Joined GEO equipment to DomotiGa if so what modules do I require?
I get the impression they use ZigBee SE/868 but I’m new to this new hobby and willing to put the time in to make this element work.

As time goes on more and more of this type of technology is going be left behind as users change suppliers, it would be good (for me and other enthusiasts) if we could make use of this technology.

I value any help or advice the group can give.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”