Raspberry Pi - Gambas2 Auto start up?

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

mschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Raspberry Pi - Gambas2 Auto start up?

Post by mschut »

Hi all,

Although I can find some answers on the formal website as well as on this forum regarding the option of auto starting DomotiGa, they are not working for me.

My situation:
-) Raspberry Pi B,
-) DomotiGa "Gambas2 using Wheezy Raspbian Image"

So to start the server, I need to start: ./DomotiGaServer.gambas"

The following options didn't work for me:
-) Modify /etc/rc.local
-) Use script "$ sudo cp domotigaserver3.debian /etc/init.d/domotigaserver3"

Maybe I am just too new to DomotiGa... However, both options speak of domotigaserver3 in stead of domotigaserver.... Is there a way to start for me as well at a reboot?

Wirth regards....
Synology DS213+ / Domoticz / RFX Transceiver-e
uAlex73

Re: Raspberry Pi - Gambas2 Auto start up?

Post by uAlex73 »

You are using gambas 2.x, but that isn't recommended anymore (the binary is still in SVN but will be removed soon).

Can you upgrade to Gambas 3.4.2?

How to compile from source is described in the following link:
http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... %29_Gambas

Note: Gambas3 is installed NEXT to Gambas2, thus it isn't overwritten.

===

To auto-start your "DomotiGaServer3.gambas", this is described in the DomotiGa installation manual (wiki isn't updated YET):

- Download the manuals, the link is: http://www.domotiga.nl/attachments/download/792
- Check out section "4.3.2 DomotiGaServer"

Ahum if you see "sudo nano /etc/init.d/" this has to be "sudo nano /etc/init.d/domotigaserver3" ... typo, will fix it asap in the manual

:D This has been tested by me :D
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
mschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mschut »

Thanks for your reply. I installed a working DomotiGa on my Raspberry only hours before I went on holiday (in order to control my lights). Which worked like a charm. Is just got back and will put some more time in my DomotiGa project.

However, I am fairly new to Raspberry / Linyx / DomotiGa so it took some more time than excpected (when doesn't it...) and a few installation iterations. Ans because one iteration takes some time, I am now a bit cautious not to change a wordking situation. Somehow I couldm't get the Gambas3 option to work on my Raspberry Pi, but because of my (lack of) experience, I wouldn't dare to blame my device....

However, I would gladly like to try to upgrade to Gambas 3, but as I said, I want to be carefull. Thus, before I start some more questions if I may...

-) You state that the Gambas 3 is installed nect to Gambas 2. Does that mean that I can safely try to follow the "compile drom source" for Gambas3 (your link is not working by the way...) without harming my working situation?

If yes, I will give it a try!
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

Gambas2 and Gambas3 can be installed side by side, yes. They will not interfere with each other by default.
mschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mschut »

Gambas3 installed, auto start in place. Thanks a lot!

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”