Signal lost

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Signal lost

Post by Pik »

Hello,

I use ~30 devices and I found sometimes DOMOTIGA don't receive a signal or don't make action.
In fact, it seems that when DOMOTIGA is sending a signal in same time an other one is received, TX Signal is not received by RX device 1 and TX device 2 (eg:PIR) is not seen by DOMOTIGA.

Q1 : should it be possible to avoid this trouble (to queue TX until RX finished)?

if not possible, the other way is to identify if nobody at home (or no movement since a period) and in this case, to switch all lights I wish.

Q2 : As I just arrived in DOMOTIGA 2 days ago - so, no experience, could you explain how to write an event or macro in order to read if no motion on all PIR since 10 minutes (example), to switch off all lights.
If we consider for the example PIR_1 & PIR_2 with 2 lights (Light_1 & Light_2)... what could be the macro ?
I tried to find a way using lastseen, but I don't understand how to use it ... maybe not the good way...

() My knowledge is today only how to create a device, an event with trigger, action and condition... quite simple... and this function seems to be more complicated... I need to learn !

Thanks a lot for your appreciated support.

Best regards.
uAlex73

Re: Signal lost

Post by uAlex73 »

Are you using a RFXComTRX or another device for sending/receiving?
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
No, I just use one RFXCom.

For example, I have a corridor with one sensor (PIR#1) and one light (#L1) with upstairs and one sensor bottom (PIR#2), one sensor top (PIR#3) and one light (L2) fro all upstairs.
When I arrive in this corridor, if I walk quite fast, I activate PIR#1, DOMOTIGA is sending signal to L1 but in same time, I activated PIR#2 but as DOMOTIGA was sending a signal, it seems it didn't seen the PIR#2... When I arrive on Top, L2 is shining.
Sometimes, I can see some other lamps "On" but in Domotiga, status is Off. If I switch ON/Off, I recover the good status.
Device is near RFXCom, so not a range trouble.

So, the idea is to have an event/script switching "Off" all lights after a period of time (for example 10 minutes) if no movement inside home (no PIR signal since 10 minutes).
I wrote a short script comparing device_x_lastseen and now()... when I run it, I can see good result (true or false), but I don't know how to use this script (macro) and how to switch off lights.

Thanks for your help.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Is the RFXCOM an RFXtrx433 transceiver or an RFXCOM receiver and an RFXCOM RFXmitter?

If it is an RFXCOM receiver and an RFXCOM RFXmitter: did you connect the handshake cable between the receiver and transmitter and is the transmitter configured to use the handshake?
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

Hi,

it's a RFXtrx433 USB 433.92MHz Transceiver (model 12103 on RFXcom web site)
The trouble (RX/TX signal) is not critical for me if I can send a signal later to force all lights Off.

Do you know how to create such event able to switch off all lights if no movement since xx minutes ?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Since there is already a queue and tx busy check in the code I can simply add a rx busy check using 3 lines of code.. Will try tomorrow...
Regards, Ron.
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

OK... I think this can solve this trouble.

Awaiting your feedback. (please, could you also explain later how to update my DOMOTIGA with this new code ?).

Best regards.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Pik wrote:OK... I think this can solve this trouble.

Awaiting your feedback. (please, could you also explain later how to update my DOMOTIGA with this new code ?).

Best regards.
In the past i used

Code: Select all

cd /home/domotiga/
svn up
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

cd /home/domotiga/
svn up

???
I have path missed !

I'll check this evening if I can find procedure to update... I have to leave home now...
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

OK... I made an update using this procedure :

Code: Select all

$ mkdir -p  ~/install
$ cd ~/install

$ git clone https://github.com/DomotiGa/DomotiGa.git domotiga

$ cp -rp ~/install/domotiga ~
$ cd ~/domotiga
$ rm -rf `find . -type d -name .git`
I hope it's the good way as svn up was giving message path missed.

... but where to see if udpate is implemented or not ?
Do you know if any update traçability ? I still have 1.0.015

If update implemented... I'll see if improvement. I keep in touch with you.
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

Pik wrote:cd /home/domotiga/
svn up

???
I have path missed !

I'll check this evening if I can find procedure to update... I have to leave home now...
Check the site, switched to git.
In essence you need to completely checkout via git, well described and if you follow the steps, no data is lost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Pik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pik »

OK. Update done and also a script to check if no movement since a delay and if TRUE, to force switch Off devices.

DOMOTIGA is really so great !

Thanks for your support.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”