Smile Problem

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.

Smile Problem

Postby andyh » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:05 pm

I have a Smile installed to monitor a ground source heat pump. The unit has already been returned once to Plugwise for repair as it stopped recording data. It has now happened again after a couple of months of use. I've been told by Plugwise support that the only way to get it working again is to carry out a 15sec reset which they say will delete all the recorded data. However I have been given incorrect and misleading information from Plugwise before.

Can anyone advise on this issue and offer any help to get the Smile recording data again?
andyh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Smile Problem

Postby andyh » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm still struggling with this and cannot get any support from Plugwise. They claim the Smile requires development and isn't working as they hoped. The development team seem uninterested in fixing the problem. I've attempted to connect the Smile to Source but Source isn't recognising the Smile even though I can login to the HTML interface. Whatever I do the Smile won't connect to Source.

I've tried the suggested 15sec reset by holding down the black button on the Smile for 15sec but this has no effect.

Please can anyone help?
andyh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Plugwise Forum