Smile Problem

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
andyh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Smile Problem

Post by andyh »

I have a Smile installed to monitor a ground source heat pump. The unit has already been returned once to Plugwise for repair as it stopped recording data. It has now happened again after a couple of months of use. I've been told by Plugwise support that the only way to get it working again is to carry out a 15sec reset which they say will delete all the recorded data. However I have been given incorrect and misleading information from Plugwise before.

Can anyone advise on this issue and offer any help to get the Smile recording data again?
andyh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Smile Problem

Post by andyh »

I'm still struggling with this and cannot get any support from Plugwise. They claim the Smile requires development and isn't working as they hoped. The development team seem uninterested in fixing the problem. I've attempted to connect the Smile to Source but Source isn't recognising the Smile even though I can login to the HTML interface. Whatever I do the Smile won't connect to Source.

I've tried the suggested 15sec reset by holding down the black button on the Smile for 15sec but this has no effect.

Please can anyone help?
evanagomes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by evanagomes »

I am also facing this type of issue on my iOS. This issue is really very annoying. Actually I am facing iTunes error. Please help me with proper solution.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

andyh wrote:I'm still struggling with this and cannot get any support from Plugwise. They claim the Smile requires development and isn't working as they hoped. The development team seem uninterested in fixing the problem. I've attempted to connect the Smile to Source but Source isn't recognising the Smile even though I can login to the HTML interface. Whatever I do the Smile won't connect to Source.

I've tried the suggested 15sec reset by holding down the black button on the Smile for 15sec but this has no effect.

Please can anyone help?
You can't connect the smile to the source software anymore, plugwise stopped the support for the source. because you have to connect the smile to the source one time with it's id number. source connects to the plugwise server to check if the id is a smile… and that server is not working anymore.
Karell

Post by Karell »

i can read out the smile just normal with plugwise pro plugin...

but right now after hs.500 the plugin crash and make all other plugins unresponsable... thats really sad because i have many many plugwise devices they get unusable while the developer who quit just ignores my messages to make it open source... this is really bad and i don't like it..

regards
Donaties altijd welkom https://goo.gl/Fii2mo
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Akatar wrote:
andyh wrote:I'm still struggling with this and cannot get any support from Plugwise. They claim the Smile requires development and isn't working as they hoped. The development team seem uninterested in fixing the problem. I've attempted to connect the Smile to Source but Source isn't recognising the Smile even though I can login to the HTML interface. Whatever I do the Smile won't connect to Source.
You can't connect the smile to the source software anymore, plugwise stopped the support for the source. because you have to connect the smile to the source one time with it's id number. source connects to the plugwise server to check if the id is a smile… and that server is not working anymore.
Is this with all Plugwise Smile versions?
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

As far as i know it still doesn't work, but you can try.

You can Always connect the smile with the plugwise app (Phone) and the plugwise (homeseer) plugins.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Is there a better solution for seeing your consumption of electra and gas with HS3 ?
To make graphics, to have a good real time seeing of your data from the 'slimme meter'?
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

I don't use the graphics from hs3, they don't work for me.

But you can use them ofcourse, i use the app to see if i use more power then my solarpanels can deliver. (mostly i use more :) )
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Wim2008 wrote:Is there a better solution for seeing your consumption of electra and gas with HS3 ?
Since my Smile is not compatible anymore with my smartmeter since 1,5 year, I'm using a P1-to-usb cable. Explanation and script can be download here: rutg3r.com/sagemcom-t210d-p1-smartmeter ... -homeseer/
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Thanks.

Wim

Return to “Plugwise Forum”