Weird behavior Stretch after switch from source

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.

Weird behavior Stretch after switch from source

Postby ozbob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:41 pm

I recently got a second stretch+stealth from the internet, the migration path from source is not very customer friendly sending things etc. So I had two choices or redo the whole network again with stealth+ or to follow the none supported migration by resetting the stretch and insert the source dongle.
So I went for this last option. After doing the reset and reboots I inserted the stick to soon see all the plugwise modules appear and turn green on the stretch web page. So far so so. Now after a little while they all lost connection and turned grey. However on the xml data files (using this to load to a hc2) I did see all the modules, status and use. Also when using the app I get the information they are up power usage able to turn on/off etc. So basically all works except for the stretch page that does not seem to update or allow access to the modules. I did notice that only on the stretch page I still see the stealth+ listed. This is not so in the app.

The question is did anyone try this before and what kind of result did you get?
Any idea why this isn't working and how to fix?

Thx
ozbob
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 2016

Re: Weird behavior Stretch after switch from source

Postby PietjeNL » Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Hold black button for around 15 seconds to reset it, the lights should flash different and then release the button.
Leave the Stretch to reset for 15 minutes.
After the reset the extra module should be gone.
PietjeNL
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: May 2010

Re: Weird behavior Stretch after switch from source

Postby ozbob » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Thx PietjeNL for the hint, I already read you other post on the subject. I tried doing a reset, led stays red for a while and when I look at the http://stretch-ip/minirest/appliances, I see the xml gets cleaned out, ends with 0 devices.
So this is al good and it seems to be reset. After a little while the device list starts building up. the device are reset to their default name and setting.
Going back to the homepage of the stretch when I login I see all the devices #mynetwork as they were before and appearing as unreachable, when trying to modify any of the values I get errors, in the app all devices are reflected as what I see in the xml.
Tried to clear the catch but the devices always come up same way. This is really odd as there should be no reference I guess.
Things got even worse when I unplug the stretch I now loose all devices and all settings and it will start to repopulate the stretch again and all my settings are gone so are 12 of the 20 circles.

Maybe I should just ditch all the plugwise stuff since I am on z-wave. for the larger part anyway.
At least I get better reflection of power usage since can't see,m to get this done in lua for the HC2, the only downside is spending a fortune on z-wave plug as these extremely expensive in my opinion, so much so you will never save a dime using these.
Right now I own a plugwise mess network rather than a mesh
By the way I contacted the plugwise helpdesk the only things I got from them was an automated confirmation they received my question but than if I play according to their rules I should send in my stick, which in my opinion is a lousy procedure, it does not even work for folks outside of the Netherlands.... effectively if they above method does not work your screwed. Really great support with tulips and love from Sassenheim where to company resides.
ozbob
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 2016


Return to Plugwise Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest