Plugwise Wishlist and Findings

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Some simple(s) remote(s) (maybe associated to a switch or a group)(maybe wall switchs) , as my wife hates to click on a custom link on a computer to switch on the hifi stuff when I am not at home

Regards, Radu

RC
andywee

Post by andywee »

any updated timeline of when the UK plug version would be availble?
i'm runing out of options with all the other devices having to clamp around the live wire only.
jcasteel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jcasteel »

Instead if exposing an interface through the webserver, real webservices would be nice since I can easily plug them in my own environment.
Paul_B
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul_B »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andywee</i>
<br />any updated timeline of when the UK plug version would be availble?
i'm runing out of options with all the other devices having to clamp around the live wire only.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I'd also like to know if a revised release date for a UK plug fitting has been set? I've also emailed Plugwise direct

MT
Paul
Hetwieg

Post by Hetwieg »

May be could it be nice that there is a XML page in the server version?

This wood be nice for PHP and other program languages to work with the data.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

? the server can generate an XML page.
Hetwieg

Post by Hetwieg »

I try to say that you can upload a XML with plug details toe the server with on/off state or plug id's
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

One more vote for instant feedback of changes.

As an addition:
- Send an instant signal when consumption is below X Watt and send an instant signal when consumption is higher then X Watt (just ones for these two events). The tressholdsettings should be configurable in the webprogram. Application: Instant notification when a device is "Finished" with a task (washingprogram). Trigger instantly an event in case a device surpasses a consumption level.

The implementation can be rule based in the Web app like: if consumption LOWER THEN/GREATER THEN/EQUAL TO/BETWEEN x Watt then enable send instant update). This way the user can make his own rules and any number of rules to his liking.

- The instant feedback "mode" should be configurable per circle device (this way the communication will be kept to a minimum, as this functionality is not needed for every device). This is automatically possible when this feature is implemented in the webapp because it has to be enabled and configured per device much like the standby-killer option.

Sidenote: Is anything yet discussed with plugwise?
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

64 bit is working now so it can be taken from the list.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

And another vote for realtime feedback of consumption changes useful to provide an instant 'event' that a device has been turned on or off (possibly manually) eg a TV going from standby to on or a washing machine finishing its cycle.

Alternatively, a simple on/off (rather than consumption change) indication could be provided if the system used the standby threshold to report in realtime above/below.

K
hollie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hollie »

It would be nice if the enabling/disabling of manually switching a Circle off would be implemented in the Circle hardware instead of in the Source software.

Right now in Source you can tick a box to disallow manual switching e.g. for a fridge or freezer. However, the protection implemented there is only at the level of the Source application. This means that other apps still can switch of the device. (Tested with pol.py and a current version of the Circle firmware).

If the check would be implemented in hardware, it would be an extra level of safety for devices that designed to be always connected to a live socket.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Plugwise Wishlist and Findings

Post by xAPPO »

Bumping an old thread ..

An included utility that visualises the ZigBee mesh network topology that has been created - i.e. it shows you which modules can link to each other and the quality of that path. This is really essential to determine where only one path exists between modules so you can resite your modules or add another module as a repeater, which makes your network far more resilient.

The ability to use the created network for other manufacturers ZigBee devices (just as part of the mesh) and the reverse - ie if you have an existing ZigBee network to use it to link Plugwise units. I have a large home with thick walls and I just want one ZigBee network with all devices using and augmenting it. Maybe it does this already as it is a standard ... not sure... but I suspect not.

A unit that can measure greater current (100A) with no relay switching that could be used wired directly into your electricity distribution pane for whole house, or area level monitoring. Maybe one taking current transformer input although accuracy would suffer.

... plus the aforementioned DIN modules, and of course dimmers...

K

Return to “Plugwise Forum”