RSS integration with HS works

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Today I added a new plug to the system and when looking at the output of the xml file it does howup nice.
Only problem is that I can not get it to work in Homeseer!
All I see in the Homeseer logfile when running the event is:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Plugwise RSS ----------------FEED9
Plugwise RSS devicevalue:2 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

When looking at the status in Homeseer I only see a "dot"
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

There must be something wrong in the numbering...
did you check the sorting..not sure this can be the problem.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Dj,
I have disabled logging...still some lines of logging in the HS log

7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:0
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:0
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:70
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:12
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:54
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:4
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:4
7-12-2008 21:37:51 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:2
7-12-2008 21:37:50 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:2
7-12-2008 21:37:50 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:13
7-12-2008 21:37:50 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:75
7-12-2008 21:37:50 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:42
7-12-2008 21:37:50 Plugwise RSS devicevalue:15
Noel

Post by Noel »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chak</i>
<br />There must be something wrong in the numbering...
did you check the sorting..not sure this can be the problem.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">\
Where can I set the sorting? Till now I did not need it as it was working great!
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

was about sorting the feeds.
just find out..there is no need for sorting.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Okay I found my problem.
I thought that the added plug was '9' as the last one I added before that was '8'.
This was wrong. The plug got a '10'
So in my case I do not have a '9'. No clue why it skiped the 9 for plug numbering.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi DJF3-2,

Ok, I succeeded in integrating my Plugwise set into Homeseer, following your instructions for showing device status/value. And for switching, I'm using Chak's events. (Great work guys!) So far, so good.

One question though: I would like to have the actual state of the Plugwise modules (device status/value as set by your vb script) reflected in my Homeseer status screen, after switching them, without refreshing the page. Would this be possible?

Currently, when I switch a plug, I first run Chak's event, then have HS wait for a second or so (for the switching to happen), and then have your vb script run to update the device status/value. A page refresh will then show the status correctly, but is there a way to show it directly, without the page refresh? (As is the case for other Homeseer devices when switching them on or off.)

More general: when would you run your vb script, according to you? Are you scheduling it to run once an hour? Or more frequently? And are you logging the values to a database (to have better granularity than the hourly values in the Plugwise source)? Or are you using it the way I do (whenever a Plugwise device switches)?

Lennart
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Lennart,
I'm running the update event every 15 min. with 25 devices it takes max 2 seconds.
Also running device update after every event for turning on/off
this will autoupdate the status without need of the rss feed to run first
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Lennart,

I don't think it's possible for HS to display an updated status without refreshing the page. Even if you would be able to do that it would require >1 sec.
-Click ON
-Run on/off script
-Run powerusage script
-Refresh screen
These steps could take >1 sec so you don't want to refresh right after you click on/off. Alternative:

<b>There is an option under Settings/WebServer called "Auto Refresh" (in Seconds 0=No Refresh).</b>

It's probably not the most beautiful, but should work.
Depending on the usecase you could write your own Web2.0 scripts that get the status and update a page real-time.

Currently I'm running the script once an hour but you're right. Running it 2,3 or 4 times would give you a better view of you energy consumption vs. the Plugwise Source.
A colleague of mine wants to run it every minute so he can start events based on the power consumption (TV=ON --> lamp=ON). Not sure if that's a bit much.

bye
DJ

PS. I have the code ready that writes everything into a DB.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi Chak, DJF3-2,

Thanks for your answers. I'm aware of the refresh option in Homeseer, but I don't like to use it. For one thing, it moves the page back to the top. And whatever the refresh time you choose, it will either be not frequent enough (and thus displaying outdated status info) or driving you nuts (refreshing just at the time you are about to switch a device somewhere down the page). And, as you say, it's really not needed, given a suitable AJAX implementation of the status page.

Sigh, I guess we'll have to wait for HS 3.0 then? ;-).

Lennart
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

<grin> HS3, that sounds nice! That will probably take a few years
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

yeh..hope they will support other browsers in the future.
On my Mac I'm missing some options...with Firefox 3.X
cedriclocqueneux
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cedriclocqueneux »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cedriclocqueneux</i>
<br />Hi ! I have an error with this plugin :(

06/12/2008 09:58:40 Error Script compile error: Type 'XmlNode' non dfini.on line 108
06/12/2008 09:58:40 SCR Option Strict OffImports System.IOImports System.XMLImports System.TextImports System.Text.RegularExpressionsimports Schedulerimports SystemPublic Module scriptcode1#Region "Automatically generated code, do not modify"'Automatically generated code, do not modify'Event Sources Begin Public WithEvents hs As Scheduler.hsapplication Public WithEvents hsp As scheduler.hsp Public WithEvents hssystem As scheduler.phone0'Event Sources End'End of automatically generated code#End Regionsub main(ByVal strMode As String)'

I see instruction on your website, and all is ok: setting.ini, plugwise.ini, and devices are created. It seems to be a problem with System.xml, but i don't nderstand. Do you have an idea ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hum, finaly i found the problem: system.xml must be in first position in the config file, like this:

ScriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll;HSPI_SKYPE;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_skype.dll

First time, i tried with system.xml at the end of the line, and i had xml errors.
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Well Spotted!

I will add this to the install/troubleshooting instructions. Thanks for the update.

DJ
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

New version available on http://www.domoticaworld.com

0.6:
-Fixed problem with logging (EnableLogging=0 will NOT produce any logging)
-Added option to auto update a 'Current total' device. Add to DJ_Plugwise.ini under VDEVSettings:
PwDeviceTotalCode=Q98 (where Q98 is the device that will contain the current kWh total)

Cheers
DJ
Last edited by DJF3 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”