Is it working or not?

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is it working or not?

Post by Digit »

It's working. All circles are plugged in, they all seem to work, already 3 charts have appeared in the Source, the Plugwise webserver is providing the information needed for my HA app, so i could say it all went very smooth. Total usage is being written to the database, status of the circles can be monitored on the website, all in matter of hours. Sounds good, right? However, there's 1 "minor" issue....

The combination of Plugwise hardware and OS i use on my server forced me to install the Source on a standalone PC for the time being.

<ul><li>The plug doesn't work with the combination Belkin LAN USB and Windows 2008.</li><li>The source crashes on Windows 2008 x64</li><li>A Hyper-V VM + Belkin + Plug doesn't work either.</li></ul>I knew this could happen, so i am not VERY disappointed, just a little (ahum)[:(]

Just looking at the Plugwise-part of things everything went very smooth.
Installing the Source, the Circles, everything went ok the very first time. Although i don't ike the UI of the Source. It deviates to much from the usual; that's ok, but not if things become less logical because of that.

Now all i have to do is get rid of that standalone PC... quick!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Is it working or not?

Post by Snelvuur »

digit: see the "wish list" that pieter started, one of my remarks was also 64bits wont work (neither linux, but they wont create something for that anyway)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is it working or not?

Post by Digit »

Yep i know, that's why the chance was there that it wouldn't work, but i kept hoping for a miracle :-)
Henk

Is it working or not?

Post by Henk »

I got my starter plugwise package under the Xmas tree ......

The circle+ plug is working fine - but the other circle plug is displayed as an icon with a grey question mark and I'm unable to assign a device to it ! I reset the circle plug already ...

What is the problem ??

I got an account on the plugwise site - so with this account/password I have acces to some old FAQ 's but based on links in this forum there should be another forum but I'm unable to log in with this accountname and password. ??

Also confusing ... two different sites www.plugwise.com and www.myplugwise.com ??

So each plug should be within 5 meters distance from another plug - .... so in case you want to use a plug in your garden shed controlling the lawn mower loader ... and this is more than 5 meters away ... you have to create in the middle of your garden a poweroutlet and an extra circle to bridge ?

Five meters - including wall and concrete floors ? or will this reduce even the five meters ? So you have to decorate your house with circl plugs all over the place like it is a Xmas tree ?

Henk
aeh

Is it working or not?

Post by aeh »

I got my expansion kit and had the same problem with some of the devices.
Reconnecting (pull it out and plug it in again) did the trick. Several times refresh (software button) can help to.

Did you register the right Circle number?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is it working or not?

Post by Digit »

Henk,

Could you place the Circle that you're having problems with, closer to the other Circles? Maybe that can help. It's not a solution, but at least you know if the Circle is working or not, if it does work at a closer range. I didn't have any problems like you have, but i've read about similar problems from others.

The Plugwise own "forum"/FAQ is closed, at least it was the last time i visited it (a long time ago). This forum is the best place regarding Plugwise.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Is it working or not?

Post by Bwired »

Only the Circle+ is placed best within 5 meters of the dongle. For other circles then larger distances is no problem.
It's known that the Plugwise network is at its best with more then 5 circles.
Henk

Is it working or not?

Post by Henk »

Thanks for the feedback ... my two circles and stick are within one meter distance .... and spend some time on reinstallation / resetting but still the circle module is not getting online .... little disappointed with the whole installation procedure.

I think it is too complex ... and not a good example of plug and play was should be mandatory for this type of products special if you want it to be used on a large scale.

Henk
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Is it working or not?

Post by Ruud »

The problem is that they preconfigure de Circle + with the set you ordered. But in the proces they have mixed up a couple sets. Reset circles and follow the install.

Gr Ruud
Henk

Is it working or not?

Post by Henk »

After spending some hours and resetting over and over again I got my two plugs working ..... will not ask why ....

Henk

Return to “Plugwise Forum”