plugwise stick

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Digit »

??? What wizard? Oz?
I can't follow 100% what you mean [?]
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Alexander »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />??? What wizard? Oz?
I can't follow 100% what you mean [?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That damn configuration wizard which said to insert the usb stick, but didn't find the stick.

I looked in the device manager and did see a device, but recognized the FTDI thing (I had installed a usb relaid board with the same chip). It couldn't install the plug, so i installed it manually.

Then, Windows found a COM8 port, but after restarting the configuration wizard of plugwise it still didn't found the plug. Closed the damn thing and looked with process monitor what files/reg keys the program tries to use (because it saved my setting after restarting the wizard). I found out the database and opened it with MS Access and i did found a attribute about the comport for the plug. Filled that in and the wizard did found the the plug.

Now the next thing: Do have a error in the wizard which says the UriString is empty after pressing the next button (after filling in the personal information).

^^^ never mind. restarted the wizard again and it didn't gave this error again.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Digit »

Thanks[:)]
Just asking for future reference to post your hardware/software setup so others know how to get it working. [8D]
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Alexander »

Just lost the contact with the stick within the Source application. Had to kill the process. Started it again. Didn't helped out. Killed again (shutdown app doesn't work). Opened MS access again and the attribute "LastUsedComPort" was empty. I just entered the correct one again "COM8" and started the Source application. And yes, the Source application did found the stick again.

Weird
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Mdamen »

Don't know if it helps, but the source seems to be pretty picky when it comes to the serial port.
Try putting it on the default port "COM17"

--
Maarten Damen

www.maartendamen.com
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

plugwise stick

Post by Alexander »

17? wow.

Will try this tonight. I found out the problem occurs when i attach a found plug to a device in the application. Shutting down the application doesn't work. I've to kill the process. Checked the access database again and the same attribute was empty again.
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

plugwise stick

Post by DJF3 »

Has anyone tried the Stick in VMWare Server, using an USB extender like the Belkin or IceBox?

DJ

PS. Happy New Year!

Return to “Plugwise Forum”