Installing Plugwise Source

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hello Everybody. I wish you a happy new Year.
I am Radu from France, english, french and romanian speaking, Oracle Database consultant as a job, home automation hobbyist.
I recently acquired a plugwise home basic + extension. Well, installing the source is a no go for me, I receive on every computer the next message : Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include ... (image at http://tafora.com/img/SourceError.bmp)
I apologize for intruding like this, but as I am not a Dutch speaking guy, I would like to know if someone have translated a bit of documentation. I know, I should check on the website, but I really don't understand what I read ;-) and Google translating gives almost nothing.

(by the way, I don't quite like the Windows environment - I am a Debian user, but I understood that the official distribution of Source is not supported by them on Linux). I will give a try with the hobyists tarfile ;-)

Thank you for your cooperation and best regards.

P.S. My "under construction site is http://tafora.com/perl/site.pl

Radu Caulea

RC
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hello again, I am learning fast (Dutch, of course).
I first downloaded the Source installer from the plugwise website.
The installation software didn't install properly (maybe OS language) the NET stuff. I did it manually. Now it works. Thank you for your attention and bandwidth.

RC
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Radu: i'am a debian user too, you should try domotiga (http://www.domotiga.nl) it has support for plugwise, you wont have 100% all functions, but reading and switching i believe is allready implemented. Check the site for further information.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Thank you very much. I am not a perfectionist, but now I will finish the Windows stuff. I can't figure now how to add the modules from the extension kit. They appear with a question mark (they are not found, I type their codes).
Thank you for your link.
Radu

RC
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Well, it applies in Dutch too (RTFM), but I can't read the fine manual. Does anyone have a quick installation guide for the extension modules ? I already have the first network created (first nine plugs), I need to understand in what case I am (according to the installation leaflet ;-)). I already scan the documentation, apply some OCR and try to translate !

Thank you

RC
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

I didn't buy extensions yet, but perhaps someone else can, i think pieter or chak can tell you, i know they have extensions for sure..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

When you add the address of the circle manually it should pick them up automatically. I had some that were not picked up the first the time, however when starting the add module dialog again, not adding the same plug again, they were also found.

Rene.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Ok, They work (the extra plugs), it was sort of rain dance for me ;-). In order for them to work (appear in the new stuff window), there is not necessary to write them manually, but to wait with a specific window opened (in the source software). (I had to manually write down one or two, go further and get back when software prompted that it didn't know them).
Ok, back to software translation and automatically export stuff regularly.
Thank you all for your feedback.

(I love Dutch language, a lot of vowels ;-).

Anyway, the circles are a lot better than the Marmitek X10 with respect to on/off noise !

RC

Return to “Plugwise Forum”